Pyngotai, Besieging, Mercy and Hyramus: the 1400s

The 1400s were a time of trouble in Hiramia. Combined with a corrupt, arrogant and greedy king, Mesa I, the nation was under attack by Pyngotai.

Pyngotai was an empire, their mainland was the island of New Guinea, but their possessions stretched from Jakarta to Wellington. Their king was a brutal man, Dyme X. He was extremely brutal, burning any cities who said no to him and having his military kill off anyone who survived.

Hiramia had a developing armed forces. Their army was ok, but their navy was horrible in comparison to Pyngotai. Small boats was what they had.

At the time when this takes place, Pyngotai had most of Hiramia under their control. The only islands left were Meda, Kynast, Maastera, and Okema, which included the capital, Hyramus. Only 12,000 troops remained in the entire nation, loyal to Mesa I, the King of Hiramia. Only 2,000 were in Okema and the capital.

By morning, about 800 Pyngotai military troops, lead by Dyme X himself, marched towards Hyramus. Dyme X walked up to the gates and knocked on the gate. A guard saw him and yelled at him to leave, before Dyme X ordered Hyramus to surrender or die.

There were only 500 military troops to defend Hyramus. Mesa I had already evacuated with his court to Kynast island, so the city was full of clergy, military, a few royalty and nobility, and poor people.

The 500 troops had set up positions to defend the city. They had sent about 200 to ambushing positions. At the sound of a horn, the 200 troops rushed towards the 800. Dyme X's troops fiercely defended their king and their positions, but 400 other troops had joined into the attack, and 300 troops surrendered after about 8 hours.

The remaining troops had tried to kill the Hiramian attackers, but they would soon run as it became overwhelmingly obvious they would not win for today.

About 30 Hiramians had died and 60 injured before the second day of the attack, with 100 Pyngotai soldiers dead and 10 injured.

Dyme X escaped during the first retreat. But they would never surrender, oh no, this was just a small city that may have shown a fierce resistance, but they'll be burnt and killed off, he thought. A declaration was shown around all of Hyramus. It read:

"ATTENTION HYRAMIAENS 'I HYRAEMOUS

THY RESISTANCE HYS SHOWN THAT THY HYRAMIAEN SOLDIERS HAST THE GUTS TO FYGHT US, THE GLORIOUS PYNGOTIE EMPIRE.

 WE HATH GYVEN THOU ONE MYRE CHOICE TO SURRONDURE TO OUR PYNGOTIE EMPIRE, AND SECURE THY FREEDOM AND SAFETY. SHOULD THEE WOULD TO NOT SURROUNDURE, THY TOWN SHALL DIE"

But surrender wasn't an option for both parties. The next day would decide the winner. Dyme X read the declaration in front of the city gates the morning of the next day, in which one person with a bow and arrow fired on him. He was hit in the shoulder. The military troops behind him, now numbering 600, rushed past the city gates and killed anyone they found. 300 of those soldiers had torches, and they set alight any building they could see. The gates and wall were made of stone, rock and wood. Some of the gates were burnt.

400 Hiramian troops had approached the attackers and attacked them. The 600 had fiercely attacked, and when the battle was over, about 200 Hiramians were killed and 200 were taken prisoner, and those eventually died.

The entire city was burnt in up to 3 days. Dyme X was rushed to a nearby pro-Pyngotai medical area. Hiramia would surrender as soon as the capital was burnt down. Hiramia was reduced to a puppet of Pyngotai, but by 1503, they were independent once again, as the Pyngotai were in severe decline, being constantly attacked and taken over by Meowfwkia.