team joanne

dianne's pov

this week i was teaching joe the paso doble which i was really excited about since i love this dance! however it was slightly harder than i imagined, it wasn't really the dance as such that he needed to work on, it was his acting in the dance. all week he has been saying that he's not strong enough or he hasn't got a body like charles or he still looks like a 12 year old, i just need to prove to him somehow how strong he is.

however that's not the only problem, we have it takes two and the pride of britain today using up most of our rehersal time today since i had pro rehersals in the morning. i don't want to be making excuses since everyone has comittments they have to attend too, it's just ours were all on one day.

"joe, you are strong! how am i gonna get you to see this?" i said holding his hands

"i'm sorry di, i-i'll try and work on it..." he replied

"no it's ok, let's work on it together. look, everyone has insecurites that get them down and i'm really glad you told me joe. how about we tell our insecurities to eachother? i know you've already said one but i think this will help us for the dance and as a bonus we'll be getting to know eachother more" i said

"you're the best di" he replied giving me a hug

"my biggest insecurity is that i'm dyslexic, i find it so hard to spell and i've been teased about it all my life with people calling me stupid and correcting me. like i know i joke around a lot, but sometimes people saying stuff hurts"

"you're not stupid, i hope you don't let any of the comments get to you because you are so much more than that. i mean, someone who was stupid wouldn't be able to teach me to dance and get good scores would they? but you can. it's the things that are small to everyone else but big insecurites of yours that make you who you are" he said looking into my eyes

"joe....you're gonna make me cry. you are the sweetest boy i have ever met" i said quickly kissing his cheek

"obviously mine is not being strong, but i guess it kind of stems back a bit further than that. it's partly because i physically don't see myself as strong but more to do with what i think about on the inside. my job, for example, it's different to a normal 9-5 job or any job really because it was a hobby and i was just doing what i love, pulling pranks on everyone, doing fun challenges..it all sounds so simple where as the rest of the celebs on this show have real proper jobs. i do get hate/trolling and i guess youtube is pretty unpredictable, you never really know whether your video is going to be liked or not. i probably seem really petty when there's people out there who are in a far worse situation."

"joe, honestly your job may not be normal but who cares? you have amazing channels with over 8 million subscribers collectively, you've been in films, you've done some voice acting, you've brought out books and you've even started your own management company. none of this could be done without all your hard work. so many people have fanpages for you, whenever we meet someone out and about they always ask about the reaction videos, everyone is so so gratful for what you post. imagine if you were to just stop posting on youtube? so many people including me would be gutted. i haven't told you this but i've stayed up watching your videos, you can see how much hard work you put in to them. you're amazing joe, you need to believe in yourself" i said trying to show him quite how much he meant to me.

***

joe and i were getting ready for it takes two, putting our clothes for the pride of britain into one of the changing rooms since we would be heading straight there. i was pretty excited for tonight, although no one knew about us, it would technically be our first night out together as a couple. i couldn't wait to see joe in a suit!