Jennie 5

Should I just pretend to be dying and get out of here? No I won't do that. I should work hard, to make this perfect. We've already done like 10 rehearsals in the waiting room, but our manager keeps telling us to do it 'one more time'.

Lisa is even more hyped up, like how do you do that? Rosie is sneakily eating a muffin at the corner of the room, and Jisoo unnie is... well, being Jisoo. 

What gives me hope is that I'll see Kai. I saw him last night, but I already miss him. Should I text him? Would it be too risky? 

Whatever, I'll just do it.

"Honey...*sad emoji*" I wrote.

There was about a minute of waiting and he answered.

"Yes, why the sad emoji?" He replied.

"I'm so tired. Give me a kiss and a hug." I wrote, and smiled.

"*kissing emoji* here's your kiss, my princess. *hugging emoji* here's your hug." Kai replied.

"Aww, I love you so much, honey. Do good on your performance, I'll cheer for you." I wrote.

"I love you too, princess. You do good too, you know that I'll always support you." Kai replied and that made my day. I couldn't feel any tiredness anymore. It was like I had a long nap and my stomach was full and I had rested well. The power of my Kai's words.

"What are you doing?" Our manger was right behind me.

"Nothing, I just wanted to know what time it was." I replied, hoping he would be convinced.

"There's a clock on the wall, you don't need your phone." He said.

I looked to where he was pointing and my mouth went dry. Yep, there it was, a clock.

"Oh, there was a clock. I didn't see it." I said nervously. Our manager looked at me suspiciously, but then walked away. I let out a sigh. I was so relieved. 

Finally the practicing was done, so I wore my outfit and waited for my turn to do my makeup. 

I didn't wait very long when it was my turn. I did my makeup, and sat in front of the TV on the chocolate brown couch. I watched different groups perform, then it was EXO's performance. My heart started beating faster. Kai. My Jongin. They started dancing, and my eyes were fixed on him. It felt like everything had stopped and there was no one else but Kai on stage. His sharp moves, and facial expressions took my breath away. That's my man. I wanted to yell and tell the world that Kai was my man. The camera focused on Kai and he winked and I automatically smiled. When their performnace was finished, I could hear thousands of girls screaming from top of their lungs. Crazy. Wait, I didn't cheer for him, I was so lost in him that I forgot to cheer for him, even if it was in my heart, that would've been fine, but I didn't even cheer for him in my heart. Then, our manager announced that after Gfriend, we were the next group to perform, so we went to the backstage and waited there. Gfriend did really good, then we went on the stage and performed. When our performance was done we went back to our waiting room to change. Such a long day. My phone buzzed as soon as I sat down. 

"That's my girl. You were so great on stage." Kai had texted me. I smiled, he was so sweet to me.

"Thanks, oppa, you did great too." I replied.

I changed my outfit and we went back in our vans and headed for our dorms. A long and tiring day was finally done. The only thing that I had eaten the entire day was that single cookie with a single glass of milk and I was super hungry, but I had to manage my weight. When we got to our dorms, we all fell asleep literally just everywhere. I saw Lisa sleeping on the floor, Rosie on a rocking chair, Jisoo on the floor beside Lisa, and I passed out on the sofa.