um

🎙🎞

mackenzie's pov

        I WAS ROMING AROUND THE HALLWAYS OF THE SCHOOL KIND OF LOST. okay, i was actually totally lost. my mom said it was a good idea for me to arrive early at school. so here i am, saturday 5 pm when we were only requested to arrive at sunday. to top it all of, there is no one here. at least i haven't seen anyone, or else i would be in my room already.

        i kept glancing at my paper, reassuring myself of what my room number was for the hundredth time. 160. i looked to my sides 145. i must be close right. after a couple of minutes walking i finally found my room. thank God! finally i would get to see my room. i took my key and tried to unlock the door, only it already seemed unlocked. i took my key out and heard some noises from inside. a couple of seconds later a beautiful blue eyed girl opened the door.

        "oh hi! i didn't think there would be anyone here this early! i'm Brynn, you must be my new roommate?" she said excitedly "yeah, i'm Mackenzie. but please don't call me that. Kenzie, Kenz, whatever you like" i said while smiling at her "well then come into our home for a while Kenz!".

        the room was bigger than i expected. the walls were all white and there were two beds, one on each side of the room. the left side, which i assumes was Brynn's, was already decorated. she had a white comforter with cute blue flowers on it. on the wall next to her bed she had fairy lights hung up and some pictures that i couldn't analyze from far. my side was plain white, it was for me to decorate it.

        "so, do you like it?" "yeah, it's really nice. and i love your side, it looks beautiful!" i said while noticing her facial features "you are really pretty wow! " i said. "thanks kenz. you are really pretty too" she said while smiling at me "so, let's get to know each other for a bit and then if you want i can help you decorate!" she offered. "i would love that!"

"so, what's your program?" Brynn curiously asked while sitting on her bed and patting the spot in front of her. "uh, dance" i sadly answered sitting down where she patted. "oh yay, i'm in dance too! and modeling" i smilied relived, at least i would have Brynn there. "uh, can i ask why you don't seem so happy with the answer?" the blonde girl asked "it's just, i lost my passion for dance. my mom put too much pressure on me and it kind of ruined it" i confessed. something clicked in Brynn's mind "wait, your mom is Melissa Gisoni right?" "yeah..." i answered hoping the new information wouldn't change the way she treated me.

"cool! so do you have any others programs you'd rather be in?" Brynn asked. i was relieved she didn't change knowing who my mom was but the her question left me a bit unsure. i started thinking should i tell her? eventually she is going to see me singing and stuff, might as well . "i actually love singing. but no one knows that because my mom would kill me. so can we keep this a secret?" i fearfully asked. "of course we can! i am sorry you can't do what you truly love" "it's okay it's not your fault" i reassured her. "can i hear you sing?" the blond asked.

i hadn't sung for anyone other than Maddie so that request kind of made me nervous. but Brynn made me feel safe and i trusted her so she said "sure". i went up to my bags and got my ukulele. "i wrote this song, so i'm sorry if it's bad" "it won't be kenzie! i'm sure". i started playing my song Lost. it says a lot about me so that's why i thought it would be a good one to start with. i just let the words flow out of my mouth and my fingers do what they were so used to. when i finished i looked up to see and astonished Brynn "you are amazing oh my gosh! you should totally be in the music program too" "i wish" i answered the frustrated because i really wished i was in the music program.

narrator pov

Mackenzie and Brynn spent the next two hours getting to know more about each other. they realized that they were actually very similar. "you know, i feel like we are going to be best friends" Brynn confessed. she really liked Kenzie, and the feeling was mutual. "i feel so too, and i would love that!".

        they talked about everything. they liked each other's company and were happy they were roommates. at some point they decided to start decorating while still talking, of course. after a while Mackenzies side was done. she went for a white comforter with some red accent pillows. she loved red. besides her bed she put her ukulele and her guitar and on her nightstand a picture of her and Maddie. she loved how it turned out.

        "i want a picture of us right here" she pointed to the spot next to her and Maddie's picture. "we'll take one!" answered the blond while smiling and hugging her new friend. suddenly it seemed like Brynn's brain had clicked again. maybe it's a common thing with her Mackenzie thought. "Kenz, we have a music room down the hall to the left. i think you would love it there!" "oh my god Brynn! that's so cool! i'm gonna go see it tomorrow" she said happily.

        "you know, i am really happy you are my roommate. you are the best i could ask for" Kenzie confessed "i feel the same way, K!" Brynn said.

        the rest of the night the just watched some netflix and talked some more before brynn feel asleep. i am liking this school so far mackenzie thought!

🎙🎞

author's note: hey guys! second chapter of the book! hope you guys enjoy🥰 make sure to VOTE and comment
goal : 3 votes