Cold, Still Water I64I Part 1

Start from the beginning

She let out a short snicker. "Ah... you love to play the tough guy, Dark. You love to do that. Stand your ground. Use that thick skin. I know how you got so far. You do not need to flaunt it..." Her strict face inserted onto her, sharpening her blue eyes. "You showed me..." She interrupted herself to pluck herself off the ground, and by that... she took a step forward to send her menacing stare down. She had that duck face. Pouted lip, complaining eyes... Like a child, but a brat for one. One that would cross their arms and demand your attention—that is exactly what she did.

"Fifty-percent." she cleared. "That is how human you are. That stone... The one you ate..." A twisted giggle squeaked from her through her teeth. "That is instant death to a human... Zero chance of survival for a purebred human being, but you... You are lucky..."

Dark scoffed and rolled his eyes. "You don't need to remind me a million times!"

"Of course!" And, she flew her hand down to clutch his chin and jerk him, asserting her celestial dominance over him. As much as he tried to fidget and pull away, she had the upper hand in strength. "Now, Dark? Remember your side of the bargain..." She turned his head to face the dark forest before he could emit another scoff.

"I...!" He choked to her sudden tug, and he flinched—his eyes taking in the forest's dark ambiance... There were large, bushy trees that lingered over in the distance. Through the midst of the eternal night, though, the enormous trees appeared as shadows overhead. The dark clouds hovered over with no moonlight, obstructing any view behind the trees... It appeared as a place to get lost in, but... this would not be his first time in that forest... would it?

The golden girl's voice then softened in his ear. "Through the forest and out... there is the castle guarded by the fort, where there is the underground fortress in the depths. But, where we need to go... is within the castle. The heart and the above." She paused to look at Dark for an excited smile to push out of her, bringing his eyes to hers. "That is where is the core is. In order to save this world, and the other... the core must be restored... and you are just the person to fix it."

The core is where "it" began and ended. The core is the center among the two, keeping the balance... but, now, it had to be restored to prevent it from ending both universes entirely. But, that cost... Dark did not realize what he got into... Call it fate, however, when choosing to leave the other world or stay...

Death lingers when Pandora's box is open. To lock it back up, the key is to be acknowledged. Getting the key, however, is acknowledging its gatekeeper... They wield that key. But, can Pandora's box be stopped even if the key is found, and the box is locked back up?

July 15th 9:18 PM:

"He knows." He knows... He knows! That's...

Vio...

My eyes were shot open, and a tremble ran down my spine and tingled my fingers. It was him! Him! Fashioned in his purple sweater with a pistol gripped at his hand, and his finger on the trigger... aimed at me! But, his face! Piercing, blue eyes... but neutral... As always! I couldn't see it! My mind... I couldn't see it! Like a bottle of still, cold water, the moment was contained by a force—the room. The silence ached, stealing our eyes to contact.

Here I was... caught... Caught by him! And, he... He...

"Link..." his voice shook. "Why are you here?" he rephrased himself with exaggeration, causing my heart to jump.

"I-I..." My reaction. What was I to say? He... I... Dark... Vio... he's... My mind jumbled and twisted, and in fear, a swallow forced down my throat, and my hand rose to cover my mouth. My eyes were filled with horror as if I was doomed, but I so very was! Vio! He...! My mind unhooked itself to reality, and I became delirious upon Vio's stance. It might have been the empty void in his face; his dull, blue eyes ready to rust; the little reaction on his lip; the lack of light in his face; the pistol pointed RIGHT AT ME! Was there something else?