Distant I20I

It was another dream...

I stood in wonder as I watched the waves. They rolled up and down the sandy shore peacefully as the moon's light, glistening onto the water, moved along to the wave's slow rhythm. Alongside, there was a small breeze that wasn't too light or heavy; it was the perfect amount of gust and it wasn't too chilly.

Then, a girl who was clinging to a curved palm tree caught my eye. She blended in the darkness, so it was a little difficult to notice her at first; however, the moonlight shining onto her face revealed her. Her blonde hair and her white, summer dress swayed with the swaying palm fronds in sync and her blue-eyed gaze was over the sea. She was very familiar, yet I didn't know who she was.

She then caught my stare immediately and looked my way, startling me. She scoffed. "You always seem to stare!" she hissed with a scowl.

I swallowed. "What?"

She stepped away from the swaying tree and walked up to me. As she walked closer, I found her being much shorter than me; she was like a child.

She stood in place and grasped locks of her blonde hair. "Do you recognize me?" she asked sternly.

I stared blank and my heart raced because of her piercing glare that she held on me. 'She's serious...' I thought.

She smirked with a sigh and crossed her arms. "I see..." Then, she spun around and began to walk back to the tree.

I followed—only to abruptly stop. "What?!" I asked, puzzled.

She stopped by my words and threw her strands of hair in front of her onto her back. "My name's Lavi, but you probably won't recognize that name, though..."

I froze as my eyebrows drew together. "Lavi?" 'Should I ask what her other name even is?'

She nodded her head and sat down on the sand, crossing her legs.

I walked over towards her and stared down at her, trying to look at her face. "That's cute..."

She glowered up at me and stretched. "Okay..." she hissed.

I gritted my teeth and looked away. 'I shouldn't have said anything!'

During the day...

Midna placed the teal teapot down and smiled up to Zelda. "Well, I'll see you!" she said in farewell.

Zelda nodded with a smile. "See you, Midna!"

Midna sent her amber-gaze over towards me. "And, you too, Link." she said. "I'm glad to see you well!" she added.

I clutched my blue umbrella and leaned on it. "Yeah," I replied with a nod.

Her smile widened towards me and she led us to the door, holding it open. "Bye!" she shouted with glee.

Zelda giggled. "Bye, Midna! Nice to see you!" she said, walking out the door.

I smiled towards Midna and waved. "Bye,"

Midna squinted her eyes. "Bye!" she said before we left.

Then, it was back the way we came from; walking on the sidewalk. We had walked to Midna's house because Midna didn't live too far away; she was only a block away.

Zelda swung her arms and walked ahead of me. "Midna's nice, isn't she?"

I smiled slightly and glanced up at the cloudy sky. "Yeah,"

She sighed and continued walking. "I wish Malon didn't live so far away!" she grumbled.

I sighed. "Well, that place is real pretty..." I stated, following Zelda. "Nice too," I added.

She spun around, her blonde hair flying with her, and glared at me. "Well! We can't just move there right now!"

I stared, clueless. "What? I didn't say that..."

"Yeah, but—"

Suddenly, a gust of heavy wind carrying pouring rain blew into our faces, cutting Zelda off.

I was already prepared for this to happen. I clutched the handle of my blue umbrella and opened it, holding it towards the blowing wind of water. Zelda was never prepared for this.

Zelda yelped, covering her face from the spraying water. "I HATE FREAKING NATURE!" she exclaimed. Then, she jumped right behind my umbrella and hid her head from the water. The only water bothering her now was the water spraying at her legs.

As the water smacked down onto the umbrella and the ground, I observed her. She was completely drenched; her hair was wet, her clothes were soaked! It had only been a matter of seconds!

"What did I do wrong?!" she cried out.

I smiled slightly. "It was bothered by something!" I said jokingly with a chuckle.

She scowled and glared up to me. "What?!" she screamed over the pouring rain. Somehow the effect of the roaring, pouring rain made her angered self look even more frightening.

My smile weakened as I clutched the umbrella tight, looking away. "There might be some thunder, so we should get a move on...!" I stated loudly over the rain.

Zelda moved her soaked bangs to the side and sighed roughly. "We need to get back home...!" she shouted.

"Yeah..." I replied. I then moved the umbrella up a bit, over my head.

Zelda yelped and stood underneath my umbrella. Her eyes then widened in shock. "I forgot my umbrella...!" she shrieked.

"Um, well..." I glanced at my umbrella and down at her with a look of confusion. "You can stay under my umbrella...?"

Zelda interrupted me and charged off into the pouring rain. "No! IT'S FINE!" she yelled with her arms over her head to block the rain.

"Hey!" I chased after her, eventually catching up to her. I grabbed her shoulder and held the umbrella over her. I stared down at her. "Are you serious?"

Zelda slowly spun around and backhanded me.

I exhaled through my teeth and tried to ignore her. "That's a yes?" I asked.

Her eyes softened and her lips pressed together. "No..." She stepped back and covered her face with her hands in fault. "I'm sorry..." she cried.

I smirked and sighed. "No... It's okay..." She's still upset... I looked up to the clouded sky and the rain simmered down to a drizzle. "It's not pouring anymore..." I stated.

She sighed in relief and wrung her wet hair. "Great!" she grumbled. She then spun back around and began to power-walk home.

I sighed and followed her.

...

We had finally arrived at the steps of the house. It was only a 5-minute walk, and during that time, Zelda kinda cheered up. She really misses Malon's house... I don't blame her. It has a 'comfortable' aura.

I smiled slightly. "You and I should go visit Malon some time, maybe..." I suggested with a shrug.

Zelda scoffed and jumped up the steps. "Maybe... I don't know... I really hate driving there..." she said as she began to dig through one of her pockets.

I chuckled. "It's not that bad."

"Well..." she trailed off as her eyes locked onto something in particular.

I walked up the steps and I stared at her in concern. "What is it?" I asked. Then, I followed her locked-gaze, finding a sealed envelope sitting on a cushioned patio chair. It was a beige-colored envelope with three golden triangles imprinted on the back.