Werewolf moon // chapter 2

I checked the time on my phone

11:06

How is it so late already? I sighed and grabbed my suitcase bringing it up to the guest bedroom. I looked out the window seeing a boy staring back at me in the house next door.

Wait is that Isaac lahey?

Woah either he got hot or I have new neighbors..

Feeling his eyes on me still, I quickly closed the curtains. I opened my suitcase up and dug through it until I found some yoga pants and a baggy shirt. I changed quickly pulling my curly locks into a loose ponytail. I got my blonde hair from my mother who also had bleached colored hair. Why did it have to be so annoying to deal with though?

I walked downstairs and found the television on in the living room, on some news channel.

I wonder where Jackson is... clearly lacrosse practice wasn't this long, and school hasn't even started yet... The first day of school is tomorrow. That should be fun I thought.

I took my attention back to the television a lady in a jacket holding a microphone was talking

"Only half of the body was found. authorities still looking for the other half in the beacon hills preserve"

I took the controller and shut off the television. This town is so strange I thought. I rolled my eyes grabbing my iPhone off of the counter. I looked at the wad of cash that my mom handed me earlier. I frowned and put my headphones in played my music loudly, and headed out of the door. I started my jog out slowly looking at my old neighborhood. I looked at Isaac and cam's house. I turned off my thoughts as I picked up the pace turning the corner and getting into my running music playlist.

I still remembered where everything was, even though it had been a very long time. My memory never fails to surprise me. When I was in France I would constantly be daydreaming about beacon hills and what it would be like to come back. This was definitely a lot different than the scenarios in my head. I ran down a dark street with woods on each side of the road. It started to rain a tiny bit. I turned down another street. I stopped when I heard a howl. I took out my headphones, and looked around. I doubt I actually heard a howl, I thought putting my headphones back in.

All of a sudden a boy came running out of the woods and a car swerved nearly hitting the boy. He tripped and rammed into me. He was breathing really heavily and there was blood all over his side. He was holding his chest.

"Are you alright?!" I shouted panicked.

The boy lifted up his red sweatshirt looking down and there was a huge bite mark with blood oozing out of the teeth indents.

I looked down trying not to throw up.

The boy started coughing.

"A wolf bit me." He said in between breaths.

"What?" I said. Is this a joke?? What kind of wolf just runs out and bites someone? My skin went numb, and I frowned. I did hear a wolf howling though... I started dialing the police on my phone but when I looked back up from my phone, the boy was gone.

"Wait! You need help! You're hurt" Jenny shouted looking around panicked.

Okay well, this has been really strange I think I've had enough for one day I thought.

⠀✺⠀✺⠀✺

When I woke up there was weird music blaring from down the hall. I opened the curtains and looked out hoping to see Isaac. sadly no one was there. I looked at the time realizing I had school today. I was definitely not thrilled to be going back to school. I got dressed and walked to the bathroom with my makeup bag. The music got louder and louder as I got closer to my old room. Still thrown off that my old room is now a workout room, I saw Jackson weight lifting. He looked up and put the weight on the hooks.