Chapter 24: The Accident

Start from the beginning

The in the other lane kept swerving until I saw it swerve in our direction. the car hit our car head on, a loud shriek ripped through me and then nothing.

I opened my eyes and it took then a minutes to adjust.

I hissed at the pain in my back.

"M-mom? Dad?"

They didn't respond and when I looked they were both unconscious.

The smell of smoke entered my nostrils and tears started running down my cheeks, I was terrified.

I heard sirens in the distance. there was a hot sensation on my shoulder, the heat kept rising.

the fire the smoke it was all to much, I could hear the firefighters getting for help to free me from the car.

I kept crying for them to help me, and I was crying due to the fact that my shoulder was being burned.

I saw the ambulance and started screaming louder for Help.

Moments later I felt my self being being grabbed out of the backseat.

Paramedics were above me either medical lights looking at my eyes.

"Sweetie are you okay?"

"H-help."

"We are don't worry. we need a stretcher!" one of the paramedics yelled.

"Where's my mom and dad?" ! tries looking around for them.

"Please don't move. we are helping them."

When I was laid in the stretcher then hauled it into the ambulance and I couldn't find my parents anywhere. the last thing I remember before blacking out was the paramedics walking near the remains of the crumpled car with a large white sheet.

--

I opened my eyes and my vision was blurry but clears after a few seconds.

the bright lights of the hospital blinded me.

I heard the beeps of the heart monitor.

I saw an IV in my right arm and a breathing tube down my throat.

"Well looks who's awake. my stars. I thought you would never wake up. listen sweetie don't try and talk due to the breathing tube."

She out on white latex gloves and once the breathing tube was out my mouth and throat was begging for water.

The nurse put me in a sitting position and helped me sip on some water.

"Okay sweetie, I have to ask you some questions okay?

I nodded.

"Do you remember your name?"

"C-Clara Marie Daniels." My voice was groggy.

She nodded and smiled.

"Good. do you remember how old you are?"

"Uh 13... no no 14, I'm 14 years old."

"Good good. last one, do you remember what happened?"

I thought for a moment and nodded.

"T-there was a c-car and it was swerving."

"Okay, tell me more. what else do you remember?"

"My mom, dad and I were on our way to the mountains. there was a car swerving, but it suppose to be on the other side of the road not our side. I saw the car hit us, then I got burned on my shoulder. my mom and dad are they okay? where are they? can I see them?"