~Chapter 23; Monster?~

Heyyyyy! Leave a question for me in the comment could ya? I'm pretty sure I'll be able to answer (But will I-?)

Anyways, I'm bored, lazy, but actually pretty inspired.

Sooooooo
Here's the chapter. (BTW I know I've been writing in Ayame's point of view but I'll be starting to change perspectives so get ready for a freaking tidal wave of changes-)

◇◇◇

Ayame's expression hardens as her eyes lands on the man who groans in pain as she drops him. He can barely talk, let alone stand up. The red chain that is cast around his waist prevents him from being able to use magic to escape.

Lily and Keiko let out sounds of shock as they watch the scene unfold.

"Jiro, fill them in while they help heal you. You can't afford to waste your mana." Ayame says blankly, kepping her eyes on the wheezing man in front of her.

She casts another spell, a red pentagram glowing bright below and above the man. Thin translucent strings appear from the pentagrams, raising his arms and forcing him to stand as if he was a puppet. He groans in pain again, as he can barely keep himself awake, yet he was forced to remain conscious.

"I will be able to tell if you do not remain truthful to me." starts Ayame shortly. "Answer my questions or continue to suffer like the scum you are."

The man does not answer. Or, he is not able to properly do so.

"Why have you tried to attack Jiro?" she asked slowly.

"We.. We were only supposed to take him. We w-weren't going to k-kill him." the man stutters quietly, unable to look her in the eyes. The strings gripping his body parts seem to tighten, forcing him to speak so that it allows him to breath.

"By who."

The man gulps, his blood-shot eyes wide open and his sweat mixing with blood.

"By our mistress." he whispers out. As soon as the words escape his mouth, he feels as if he says something wrong.

Ayame's expression is unreadable as a worrying silence stretches. "By who." she repeats. The man does not dare answer, afraid of her reaction.

"Who is your mistress!" roars Ayame, the strings around him tightening as he would not give her a straightforward answer.

"Mistress Ivory Belle!" he gasped, unable to breathe. "We were supposed to bring him back to her!"

The strings allow him to breathe, the man gasping loudly for breath. Ayame could no longer hear Jiro whispering to the sisters. She knew their eyes were on her from the beginning.

So what if she was ruthless? So what if she was brutal? So what if she was a monster?

She still remembers all the teachings of her Sensei, and one of them is to always remember how you have been raised.

"When people blatantly accuse you of being a monster, do not stray your path." He had told them. "It was your choice to begin to walk this path and you shall gladly walk through it for all your lifetimes. We may be called monsters for what we have to do, but remember that the ones that do nothing and watch are the heartless, for they choose to pretend they are saints; believing their hands are not bloodied."

"Where?" asked Ayame after a short moment of reminiscing.

"A-At a clearing in the bluebell fall f-forest."

"It's no use chasing her now." uttered Ayame harshly, for she knew Lily or Keiko was going to ask questions. "She knows by now that they failed to take Jiro."