ch.81

Two days later...
"Arrangement must be made...she has to be buried," Macy said. She hated discussing it as much as Camilla, but they had to face reality.

"No Macy not right now!" Camilla demanded of her, she just couldn't face this reality, a reality she didn't want to live in.

Down the hallway of the hotel, Hotch followed behind Camilla as they proceeded to their room. He couldn't help but hear the conversation she was having Macy. He caught up with Camilla and gently placed a hand on her shoulder to get her attention.

Camilla felt a gentle touch and stopped, just outside their room. Hotch saw the depression in her eyes. He held out his hand, letting Camilla know he would take the call.

Camilla handed the phone over to him, not finding the mental capacity to understand why she always found Hotch near her, playing like the best protector she could ask for and the best husband she could ask for. She found a strength in his presence that sustained her and a want to not let go.

"Macy," Hotch said. "This is Aaron Hotchner...

"I know who you are..." Macy interrupted. "Could you please tell Camilla she needs to make arrangements. Ms. Perez, her mother needs to be buried."

"I'm sure Ms. Perez had a will and I trust you can make the arrangements..."Macy once again cut Hotch off, "I just want Camilla to be involved. I don't want her to have any regrets."

Hotch could begin to hear Macy's voice waver, it was obvious that he was having a hard time dealing with her death. "Macy, you have been Ms. Perez's assistant since I started at the BAU almost 10 years go. I know she would trust you to handle arrangements. Our team has been through a terrible ordeal in the past 48 hours. We have been emotionally and mentally drained from nearly losing a dear friend. Camilla had had very little sleep and time to process some very gripping news that contributed to her mother's passing. I know Camilla would trust you to make the right decisions regarding her mother's arrangements."

"Of course. When Camilla is able could you please tell her to give me a call? She is like a sister to me and I just don't want her to be alone. As a profiler, her boss, and husband, Agent Hotchner and I'm are sure your aware of her emotional behavior which is usually distant and solitary.""Yes, I'm aware. Please know she isn't alone and has all the support she can ask for in your absence."

"Thank you," she said before hanging up.Hotch brought the phone down from his ear and looked to Camilla who was standing just a few feet away. Her eyes were bloodshot and dark circles had begun to form underneath their once vibrant glow. "It's taken care of." He stated simply.

Camilla caught a deep breath and fell into Hotch's arms, wrapping her own around his muscular build, holding desperately to feel his arms encompass her. hotch slid his arms around Camilla's frame.

Camilla buried her face in Hotch's chest, "I feel like I've forgotten how to breathe." Camilla felt Hotch's arms press against her, pulling her more closely to him. "My heart physically hurts." Camilla's voice faded off.

Hotch could hear the emotion in Camilla's voice as her pitch tightened. "I'm just so tired."Hotch helped her sit down at the edge of the bed and over the desk, he empties his pockets and removes his firearms. Looking back at Camilla she continued to sit on the edge of the bed. "I thought he was dead... I just...i can't believe..." Camilla had no words to describe the events of the past 48 hours.