ch.24

"Hotch!" Camilla ran through the empty bullpen and raced up the stairs taking the steps two at a time. "Hotch!" The Unit Chief's office was empty. Confused she turned around surveying the whole area. No one was there.

Her phone rang and she jumped pulling it out of her pocket. "Hello, who is this? where is my team?" Camilla asked confused. "Well I have them here, I hope you understand what it feels like to lose the people you love"

"What are you talking about I have no idea who you are please just let them go" Camilla pleaded on the phone. "See that would be a little too easy and no fun, you know exactly who I am and why I'm doing this" the man said and hung up leaving Camilla just standing in the office.

Camilla began to dial everyones phone and they all went to voicemail. Just as she began dialing Hotch's number her phone rang.

"Hotch!"

"So is he the special man in your life"

"Please let him go!"

"Dont tell me that Camilla Perez has finally fallen in love, I mean after Luke I was worried about you"

"Do not touch them..."

"Do not make threats because I will kill them agent Perez"

"Who are you and what do you want?" The line was silent and before Camilla could say anything someone called the man by his name.

"Antoine Kirkwood, which one are we killing first, her boyfriend or her best friend"

"Antoine?" Camilla said small with tears coming down her face.

"I want you! I want you to see how it feels to watch your family leave and die!"

"You sick son of a bitch" Camilla said angrily as she was clenching her fist.

"Maybe I will carve a heart in hotch's chest with your name in it" he said and hung up the phone.

Camilla closed her eyes trying to suppress the tears and trying to remember anyone by the name Antoine. The idea of losing Hotch was scary. She knew she had to get the team back all of them, alive.

6 years ago. 6 years ago Antoine Kirkwood haunted the people of Dallas, Texas before he stopped. He was responsible for killing mothers and their 3 daughters 7 of them, kidnapping, torturing and dumping their bodies in public areas staging them in sitting positions with their arms crossed holding their own hears in their hands that had been cut out.

Camilla at the time had been a lead detective on the case and she always knew Kirkwood had a partner but he managed to disappear into thin air and was never found and people only knew what Kirkwood looked like from sketches that was different every time. Camilla killed his brother Andrew Kirkwood with one bullet to the brain and after that she received death threats. Shortly after the case, Camilla moved to become a pathologist and then the FBI.

TEAM POV

The room was dark and damp and smiled of old musty clothes. Hotch was the first to open his eyes and fight through his hazy vision and the darkness of the room. He was laying face down on the floor and it was hard to move, he quickly realized that his hands and feet were bound tightly behind his back. Fighting against the bindings that rubbed roughly abasing his son he realized that he wasn't alone in the room. The rustling and moans nearby stopped him, looking and squinting through the darkness.