26 || special chapter ||

"do you think you're gonna be able to carry that?" mark said to donghyuck, who was attempting to hold a box labeled "shoes".

"god damn it, do you house rock collections in each individual shoe?!" mark laughed at his boyfriend and set the box he was holding down to help donghyuck. "i figured it would be too heavy for you." donghyuck flicked mark on the forehead and rolled his eyes. 

"i was carrying it just fine, thank you." donghyuck walked over to the car and placed smaller and less heavier boxes inside the truck. mark walked over while holding the box with no problem. 

mark towered over donghyuck by just an inch. he always managed to use this to his advantage, because now he's staring donghyuck deeply and directly in his eyes. 

"donghyuck, i'm sure you're very very strong, but.. i just don't want you to hurt yourself carrying any of my stuff. i have a lot of unnecessarily heavy things." donghyuck rested his hand on the side of the trunk while mark loaded in the last box. 

"you care about me? that's adorable." donghyuck smiled widely. mark swore he saw an entire constellation in his eyes.

"when exactly have i not cared about you?" donghyuck pretended to think for a minute. "remember when we went to 7-11 while we were on summer break and we ended up seeing renjun?" mark nodded. he knew exactly where donghyuck was going with this.

"well, he was talking to us about his coin collection when you suddenly announced-" donghyuck added finger quotations around announced and rolled his eyes. "that you had to go due to an emergency, and that only you had to go. you forced me to stay with him!" donghyuck huffed. "and he went on for hours about his stupid coins. i mean, it's great he has something to be passionate about, but coins?! that's a little disturbing." 

mark decided to finish donghyuck's little rant before he went any further. he planted a kiss on donghyuck's lips and smiled at him. "i swear there really was an emergency! but you know that i love you, right?" donghyuck blushed. the pink tint looked absolutely stunning on his sun kissed skin.

"i know.." he trailed off before recollecting himself. "and i love you too! just stop abandoning me with our weird friends." he put his hands on his hips and pouted. mark hugged him tightly and kissed his forehead. "i promise i won't abandon you anymore." mark held donghyuck's hands and lightly swung them in his. 

"boy scouts honor!" he winked at donghyuck, to which donghyuck fake gagged in response and gave him a glare. "you weren't in the boy scouts firstly, and don't wink at me! it's weird." mark let go of donghyuck's hands and slapped donghyuck's shoulder lightly.

"winking isn't weird.. especially if you're my boyfriend. plus, i know you like it because you blushed!" donghyuck rolled his eyes and closed the car trunk. "everything is inside the car. let's just go now, okay?" he batted his eyes at mark and gave him a fake smile. "you little shit.." mark trailed off.

"we've got a long drive, are you sure you really want to go?" donghyuck looked at mark with a surprised expression. "lee minhyung, we're going to college! yes i want to go, this is my- our career we're talking about here!" mark laughed at donghyuck and got in the driver seat, donghyuck quickly followed by sitting next to him in the passenger side. 

"this is gonna be a huge new chapter of our lives." donghyuck exhaled. he seemed nervous but held back from saying anything. he felt as if he shouldn't speak up, fearing that mark would ultimately agree with him and they'd end up never going. he definitely didn't want that for either of them.

"it's a bit scary, isn't it?" donghyuck said, clearly anxious. mark nodded his head and spoke.

"as long as we've got each other, i'm not scared of anything."

i really wanted to release a special chapter, so i finally got around to it! thank you for 49k reads, it makes me so happy that people took the time to read my book and actually enjoyed it. 

thank you for reading metanoia.