The Aftermath

It had been almost almost two weeks since you had last seen Katie. You had still refused to eat or drink anything. The only reason you were still alive was for the sole fact that your father forced you to eat. You still had no idea if Katie was alive or not but it didn't even matter at this point. The prince that your father had promised you to had come a week earlier to start preparing for the wedding.

Mary could see the life draining slowly out of your eyes. They were no longer the same ones that she had seen when you first started to leave the castle. The guilt started to eat her alive. She had been caught in the lie and when pressed, she just revealed where you had been sneaking off to. At the two week mark, she decided to come clean.

"My lady?"

You didn't even attempt to acknowledge her but she continued on.

"It was my fault. I told your father where you had been sneaking off to. They caught me lying about your lessons and I had no choice to reveal where you were. They would have killed me."

You hadn't spoken in days but you needed for her to hear what you had to say.

"M-Mary, is okay. Not your fault."

You were weak from the lack of any food. You were only given enough to make sure you could walk and stay alive.

Mary gave you a grateful smile.

"Is there anything I can do for you, My Lady? I wish to fix the mess I had created."

You didn't want to take advantage of the fact that she would practically do anything to see the life return to you.

"Find if the girl is alive."

"The one that was taken with you?"

You closed your eyes and nodded. You had to be prepared in case she came back with terrible news.

"I promise to come back with news of her."

She left after you had eaten more than usual to figure out what had happened with Katie. Mary couldn't exactly go down to the cells as she was still under supervision so she asked one of the knights that she knew had a crush on her to learn more about the girl that had come in with you.

It took the knight a whole day to learn about the fate of Katie. There were good and bad news about it.

"Princess! She's still alive."

Mary had come rushing in after learning the news from the knight."

Your eyes widened and she could see the life return to your eyes. She saw how you had regained some sort of strength from learning about her wellbeing.

"I'm afraid I must bring bad news as well."

You stayed quiet as she talked. Wanting to learn about what terrible things your father had done to her.

"She was badly injured. Your father had her whipped until she broke down and promised to keep what had happened to herself. Her father had been threatened that if she tried anything that they would kill the both of them. I'm sorry, princess."

"It's alright Mary. Thank you for bringing me the news."

Katie was alive and you had something to live for. You needed to get out of this mess and save Katie. Your father could no longer continue controlling your life like this. You were old enough to know that what you had with Katie was the kind of love that people took years to find.

You started eating each day, you needed your strength back. The wedding was still being planned and you knew your time was limited. You knew for sure that the wedding would be sometime soon so you had no time to waste.

Your started kissing your father's ass. Doing anything that he wished of you and pretending to be the perfect fiancee to the prince. You needed to make sure that they believe you were in on this. That you truly wanted to be the submissive wife to the future king.

The king was impressed. You had changed overnight and it seems like your would be the promising queen that he guaranteed to the prince. He thought it would be a good idea to move up the wedding so you could be shipped off with the prince and then you would no longer be his problem.

Katie had heard through the various rumors that had spread in the castle that the princess would soon be married off. She didn't think it would be possible but your father was an even bigger asshole than she thought off. Sure, she now had scars from the whip but that wouldn't compare to living with a controlling husband that would be much more worse than the king. She needed to help you out. She knew that you weren't okay with the wedding and that you would also be planning something to escape.

Everyone in the kingdom had been invited to witness the princess get married off. Everything was in order.

Mary had been huge help. She helped getting the supplies ready along with taking enough gold coins for the two of you to survive without needing to ever work. You weren't stepping inside the chapel. You wanted to marry Katie, not the idiot prince.

-------------

Almost done! Thank you for reading!