Happily Ever After

It was the morning of the wedding and everyone was going crazy. Your parents had to take care of some last minute things. The servants scrambled to redo some of the decorations. The only two people that didn't have anything to do was you and the prince. You had still refused to get out of bed, claiming that you needed to rest some more. Once Mary had come inside your room to officially wake you up, you began your plan.

The plan was for you to wear some of Mary's old coats to hide your face and be able to escape undetected. No one would be able to know it was you since they would be thinking that I'll be in my room getting ready when in reality it was just Mary sitting in bed. Once she let enough time, she'll let the maids inside the room, telling them to wait for you as you would be in the bathroom. After they stepped inside, she would lock them inside and rush out of the castle. By then, you would already be long gone.

Katie had also been introduced to the plan. Mary had searched for her and explained what you had planned and how she could help. Her part of the plan came in when you had finally escaped the castle without anyone detecting the princess leaving. She would wait for you near the spot the two of you would meet up and then rush out of the kingdom to one where they wouldn't be recognized. It was a foolproof plan.

Everything had been going according to plan, Mary managed to kick out the maids so that I can change into her spare set of clothes. You had made sure that she had gotten to of the same coats so that the maids wouldn't think twice when they saw her coming out in different clothes. You quickly rushed out a few minutes later, silently thanking whoever was watching out for you when they didn't even give you a second glance.

You had made it all the way to the gates of the castle, the guards had barely even paid any attention to you as they were dealing with all the people that were heading inside to witness the first royal wedding since your parents had gotten married.

Finally arriving into town, you rushed towards the spot Katie had promised to be at. You checked again that you had packed the money Mary had managed to steal and then calmly walked to the forest.

You sighed in relief when you noticed that Katie had been waiting for you.

"You've made it! I was ready to fight my way inside."

She laughed at her own joke and pulled you in for a hug.

"I'm sorry. It took a while for the maids to get out of my room. We really need to get going. I don't doubt that they realized that I'm not in my room getting ready."

Katie gave you a quick kiss and packed your things in her carriage. Just then, you start to hear the bells for the castle's alarm.

"Shit, we need to hurry. It won't be long before they realize I'm making my way out of the kingdom."

The two of you got on and she hurried the horses out of the town. Neither of you were able to breathe easier until hours later.

"I'm sorry for making you leave your father like that."

"You didn't."

"What do you mean?"

"I gave him the heads up of what I was planning to do and he left yesterday. He should be arriving to our new home by tomorrow. He promised to make sure it was ready for when we arrived."

"Then I'm glad. I would've felt extremely guilty for making you leave your father. I didn't even think about that."

"It's okay. I knew it was a matter of life or death. I'm just ready to start our new life together."

With the two of you hardly stopping, you had arrived at your new home two days later. It was far enough from anyone being able to recognize you and no one would actually stumble upon it if they ever tried to search for you. It was perfect. You knew your parents would never be able to control your life again.

--------------

I think this was a good enough ending. I'm not sure how else I could have ended it. Thank you for sticking with me!