five

later that afternoon, harry found himself in a small coffee shop sitting across a clean, circular brown table while liam continued to stare him down. harry rolled his eyes and sat back in his chair, playing with his phone. 

"you don't have to keep up the tought-guy act," harry said, laughing softly at how dumb liam was being. he'd known the guy for a few hours and already he knew his bark was worse than his bite. liam was a pacifist, and therefore he wouldn't lay a hand on harry even if he wanted to. 

also, chastity had told him that if he did anything she'd call his cable provider and block big brother. apparently that's enough of a threat to shut him up within moments. 

"it's not an act," liam sat up a little straighter, clearing his throat. he'd donned a leather jacket over top a beige long-sleeve tee. it was the kind that has three buttons on the top, and all of them are undone. he's also wearing tight jeans and combat boots. 

how did he not see the whole gay thing before?

"are you two friends yet?" chastity walked back over from the counter, plopping down in the seat beside harry. she handed liam a cup with the company's logo on a java jacket (that's what they're called, right?) and wrapped her fingers around her own. harry felt a bit left out, being the only one without a cup. he must have started bouncing his leg because chastity placed her hand on his knee, grabbing his attention. "are you sure you don't want anything?"

"we're not friends," liam huffed, taking a sip of whatever is in his cup. "and if he did he would have asked. right, henry?"

"harry," harry rolled his eyes. "and i'm not a big coffee drinker, so..."

"they have tea," chastity offered with a smile on her face. her eyes sparkled in the mid-morning sun, the color brought out by the light blue turtle neck sweater she was wearing. harry tried to ignore the fact that he was still wearing the same clothes as the night before after being rushed out the door and to the tiny coffee shop he hadn't known was down the street.

"what kind?" harry asked before he could stop himself, his interest piqued. he hadn't meant to sound like such a stereotypical hipster. of course, a writer who drinks tea like most people drink water. who would have guessed it? 

"i'm a earl grey kind of girl myself," chastity held up her cup and harry could see the tab and string hanging from the cup. "but they also have english breakfast, green tea, this really good peach tea, if you're a berry kind of person they have blueberry and-"

"earl grey sounds perfect," harry smiled and started to stand. "i'll be right back."

"no, no!" chastity sat her cup down and jumped up, putting her hand on harry's shoulder. "sit down, i'm paying."

"would you let the man buy his own drink?" liam grumbled. chastity put her hands on her hips and scoffed down at him, shaking her head. 

"and who paid for the expensive-ass latte you're drinking?" she pursed her lips. liam rolled his eyes but didn't say anything, taking a cautionary sip. "i'll be right back."

"is she always like this?" harry asked after she was out of earshot. liam shrugged. 

"only when she brings a new boy toy home."

it's been nine months... i rewarded your patience with some sassy liam. i hope you accept my apology.