"Thanks, Seb. I appreciate all of this. I truly do."

"You're welcome, just make me proud." was all he said before hanging up. Shaking my head at his abrupt end to our call I rejoined my son in the den in time to hear another related news to the Hursts.

"And in related news. Divorce. Yes. Mr. Sampson Hurst has filed for divorce from his wife Victoria Hurst. Sources mentioned that the papers were drawn up for more than six months in which he was currently dating a work colleague. As you know Hurst and McRoy were former business partners which ended four years ago, now we know why ties were broken. Though the divorce is now made public it was long overdue said Mr. Hurst's assistant. Things aren't looking too bright for the Hursts women but we do wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors."

"Would you look at that?" I muttered to myself. Victoria thrived on riches it won't be long till she finds a new rich husband though. God bless the next man she snares.

"Daddy, Can we go swimming?"

"Sure bud go get your stuff" I responded watching him run to the stairs. This was my life now and heaven helps me if I allow another woman to fuck me over.

Hurst Mansion
Victoria

"That bastard!!"

After so many years he was leaving me, the papers stated infidelity on his part which I can look past. I will have to start over. What am I going to do? What are we going to do? To make matters worse our plans backfired with the McRoys. My little girl will be alone and broke. Something had to be done. Storming out of my room I came to a halt at the balcony looking over the foyer, movers were leaving the house with art pieces and boxes then I noticed four men coming up the stairs.

"Excuse me. Just what are you doing?" I asked making my way to them. They looked unbothered and simply handed me a piece of paper. Basically, it stated that they were given authority to remove noted items from the house. Looking through the list they were all Sampson's, a scream of anger escaped me, thrusting the paperback at them I made my way down to the bar. I needed a drink. How can he do this to me? At least he was considerate to leave us the house and a monthly allowance that means both Veronica and I had to budget. I shuddered at the word budget.

Turning to go into the first sitting room I was blindsided once again. The bar was gone, there were no liquors, even the tumblers were gone. I was about to ask where were they when I noticed the staff walking by the room. "Where the hell are you bunch going? You have work to do." I yelled after them. My heels clicked loudly against the marble floor rushing behind them. They all stood at the side of the opened double doors allowing the movers to do their job while they waited on me. The butler Hiram stepped forward, "This is where we part ways, Mrs. Hurst. Mr. Hurst has hired us with double pay and more benefits to being his staff. We all wish you the best." he said simply before they all filtered out through the door.

He was ruining my life.

Why was he doing this to me?

"Mother! Mother!" The shouts of my daughter made my ongoing headache worse. She came storming into the house, hair frazzled and her face contorted in anger. "What is it dear?" I asked trying to placate her.

"He.. My cards... That prick." she stuttered in anger showing me four out of her five credit cards. I understood what she was trying to relay. "We are now limited to one credit card with a limit and a debit card with our monthly allowance."

"WHAT!!!" she screeched.

Her anger was mutual but I had to keep my composure. I had to keep us afloat. Somehow.

"One credit card? And what the fuck is an allowance? I don't know which is worse. Having my card declined or some cheap bitch and her douche of a boyfriend on the street calling me a fucking gold digger right to my face. I have never been so embarrassed in my life. What are we going to do mother?" She was stomping her foot and screaming like a toddler throwing a tantrum. Behind her, the movers were eyeing her in disbelief and shaking their heads. Fixing my skirt suit I escorted her into the den, "Things will be different from now. I will fix this." I promised her.

Watching her cry tore at my heart, we don't deserve this. My Veronica deserved to be pampered and be a queen. Since the great and mighty Sebastien McRoy decided to lower himself to a nobody I will find someone better than him for my little girl.

Becca

I've never been so nervous in my life. All I had to do was make one call. That's not so hard right. "Hi, it's me. No that's too peppy" I said out loud in a sickly sweet voice pacing the floor of my office. Here I was at work, practicing my opening greeting for when I actually call my father. Can you embarrass yourself over the phone?

"Kellan. It's Becca. No. Too business-like. C'mon Becca. You can do better than that. God. What is wrong with me." I voiced out once more speaking to the ceiling.

"Uhhh, Miss Rebecca? Are you alright?" Quickly I put my focus on the newcomer, trying my best not to look frazzled. "Yes. I am. How can I help you?" I asked the young man who was trying his best not to laugh.

" How can I help you, Connor?" I asked once more in my most professional tone.

"Just came to inform you of the new tableware delivery and kitchen utensil. Chef thanks you profusely."

"Oh, he's welcome. I hope you all are helping the kitchen staff organize everything. Oh and please notify the chef that stock will be in by 4 pm." I returned with a smile waiting for him to leave.

"Will do," he said giving me a mock salute then left.

"Now they're gonna think I'm crazy," I mumbled to myself continuing my pacing. I let my thoughts wander to the positive things that happened to me since I met Sebastien. It was a one in a million connection. I was meant to meet him that day then be caught up in this whirlwind romance. And with this, I know it was real. We were both each other's last chance. Now that the truth was out and I found my father I knew I must capture this moment and build from it. You can't live life in the dark.

Grabbing my phone I dialed the number I memorized since Seb gave me. Listening to the ringing tone my heart began to race, my palms were sweaty as I kept up my pacing. I can do this. He's just your father who you haven't known about for twenty-four years. No big.

"Brooks. How can I help you?"

My breathing hitched upon hearing the deep baritone voice that tells the caller how great of a businessman he was.

"Hello? Who's this?" he asked with a confused tone.

"Hey... Umm..." I was stuttering like a fool my nerves were getting the best of me. I released a shaking sigh that's when I realized I was in tears.

"Rebecca?" he called out. The excitement and shock were in his voice I couldn't believe it. My heart was bursting with joy and relief. I didn't expect to feel overwhelmed with emotions. This feeling of belonging. This is what I yearned for since I was a kid and here it was.

Here he was.

Hearing him say my name made me reply with the first thing that came to mind.

"Hi, dad."