It was late. I never intended to be late, hopefully, she's alright. No worried calls from her came in but an inkling of worry from me took over because of that. Through the chopper window, I can see my hotel looming ahead with the beautiful New York nightlife below, it was breathtaking no matter how many times you look at it. "Five minutes to descent Sir." the pilot said over headphones.

"Thank you."

Those five minutes were filled with anxiety, I didn't wait for him to fully land. Jumping down to the platform I met up with Annalisa. "Everything has been updated. Meetings are done. Why aren't you asleep?" I asked of her running down the stairs to my apartment.

"Because I heard of your plan and thought you crazy." she admonished.

"I've been raised to be honest and so I will be with every aspect of my life. Repercussions may vary but I will continue to do so. Now goodnight Annalisa and goodbye. " I explained quickly, kissing her on the cheek then pushing her to the elevator.

"I'm home," I called out jogging through the door.

No response. I looked in the kitchen then over to the living area where she was. I was confused yet aware of the way her body was stiff with tension. She was pacing the floor in her work outfit minus her shoes, her hair was messed up from running her fingers through one time too many. "Love. I'm home." I called out once more this time she did hear me and once again chose not to respond. The smile on my face died seeing her tear-stained face and red swollen eyes. Becca continued to pace the floor tapping what looked like a yellowed card in the palm of her hand. She didn't stop even when I was so close to her. Not knowing what to do and sensing this was bad I stayed quiet and took a seat on the ottoman, keeping a close eye on her. Approximately ten minutes went by of pacing and silent tears that she finally spoke.

"Shane left home. He's at my old apartment right now." Her voice was raspy as she spoke over a sob.

"Is he alright? What happened? Talk to me, sweetheart." I gently asked. This was one state I hated my girl to be in, I thought it will be smooth sailing for us now. I wanted her to stop hurt which was the same she wanted of me. Sad, putting it into perspective that two persons who found love with each other are both hurt, emotionally.

"He...He found my... " Becca slowly took a seat away from me on the sofa, her hands trembled as she ran them through her hair. Whatever it was that her brother found was devastating. The question in my mind was just how much more can she take. Releasing a deep breath she finally looked at me, my heart ached. The look on her face was one of pure defeat.

"He found my real birth certificate."

"Excuse me?"

"Shane was looking for his birth certificate and medical records that's when he found it. It... It was in a plastic folder along with a business card." she explained. Her blue eyes were dull while she relayed the story. I did not know what to say. What could I say?

"What's his name?" I found myself asking while approaching her. I wanted to help her in any possible way I can. Kneeling before her I gently took her in my arms, she was shaking and was trying her best to smother her sobs. I was weak. Who wouldn't be? She was hurting and I didn't know what to do.

"Kellan Brooks."

Talk about a twist in life. Kellan Brooks was well known in our circle, he owned a very lucrative real estate company. He also worked hard to reach where he was today, but he was currently a strong man who recently lost his wife. The man was a good friend of my father's.

"Do you want to go down that path?" I asked.

"Should I? He probably doesn't know I exist."

We stayed in silence my mind recalling the family dinners Brooks was present along with his late wife. My father confided in me that they weren't able to be the family they both wanted. I should tell her that I know him but knowing she's still processing this new reality I decided to put a hold on it.

"Why is your brother here?"

"He confronted mama about it. She flipped. He left after learning the truth." she simply said coming out of my arms.

"Wait.."

"Oh and your ex and her mother visited me today. Did you know that I am not good enough for you? I'm not your type. They tried to pay me off. I had a fun day." she ranted.

"What?"

The sarcastic tone she developed dramatically annoyed the hell out of me along with what she said. Becca ignored me and proceeded to my bedroom, stripping along the way. "Can you stop?!" I shouted rushing after her. I needed to know the details of the two bombs she just dropped on me.

"I don't want to talk Sebastien," she shouted in anger. I stopped in my tracks a few feet away from her. Tears that she held in now flowed down her cheeks. I was lost.

"I had a long fucked up day. I'm tired and just not up to it. I'm sorry, baby. I just want to be alone." she continued. I was about to say something but she simply shook her head 'No' then left me standing alone in the room. Honoring her word I left her alone. Silence filled the apartment, I undressed in the closet then made my way to the bathroom. She was currently in the bathtub, bubbles covering her curvy body to her chin. The way she stared distantly out into the night, not moving scared me but I had to respect her wishes. In the shower, I was contemplating if to notify my parents of the situation or wait till she comes around. She needed family and knowing Brooks she will get the love she needed from a parent.

Before I left the bathroom, I placed a lingering kiss on her lips to which she responded weakly. "Being with me will have its ups and downs. There will be people trying to make you feel worthless, raise their noses at you just be downright mean to you. The press will poke their noses in our lives. I've lived with this all my life but not you and...."

I tried to continue what I had to say but it was hard. We spoke of our relationship before but didn't get deeper into the reality of it. My forehead against her temple I heard a sob she tried to swallow, sad to say I was doing the same. "And I will understand if it's... too much for you" I continued.

"I love you. You are it for me, baby. You're right about the feedback but I'm not going to let them scare me away from you. It's just that everything is falling apart the only sure thing in my life, is you. This woman told my brother to forget about me. That I'm not his sister. Wasn't telling me to leave enough." She was crying by her last word with our foreheads pressed together. Kissing her tears away I decided to tell her. "I can rebuild that wall but I will only do it on your approval of it," I said softly holding her gaze.

"How?" Tears still ran down her cheeks, I will do anything to get back that light of laughter in her eyes.

"I know your father." With my eyes still on her so much emotion flashed through her eyes, to settle on relief.

"You know my father." she laughed breathlessly. 

"Yeah." I couldn't help but kiss her, relieved she was coming around.

"Well. Shit. Give me a moment. I will be out soon." she said with a watery smile. She was shocked and needed time to come to terms with it. If she goes ahead with this new path in life it will be a major change for her.

"Alright. It's late, my love so hurry." Nodding her head, she watched me leave the bathroom. While waiting on her I decided to get a head start on a few reports, throughout it all my mind was on Becca. How will she react?

What will Brooks think of having a daughter?

I was tired from the extremely busy day I had and was trying to keep my eyes open. My last thought before sleep took over was her bright smile making me happier than ever before.