Chapter 7

Penny

I'm sitting in English staring down the clock, I've only been in this room for fifteen minutes, and I already want to pull my hair out, the prof is going over the homework that was due today! While half the class halfheartedly scribbles down the answers. Simon still hasn't shown up to class, and I didn't really expect that he would considering the state he was in this morning, but now I don't have someone to bitch about Shakespeare with. I pull out my homework to flip through the pages distractedly trying to find something to entertain myself with. Just as the prof finishes speaking the door at the back of the class creaks open slowly and Simon and Baz briskly walk in, Simon walks directly to his usual spot, I watch the way Baz hesitates before following him, but I don't think Simon notices.

•••

Baz

I feel everyone's eyes on me as I follow Simon over to his usual spot and sit down beside him, but I surprise myself with how much I really don't care. The boy I've wanted to be with for so long is happily sitting beside me and doesn't seem fazed by the fact that the eyes on us seem less than friendly. I purse my lips to keep my beaming smile back and have to resist the urge to rest my head on his shoulder or wrap my arm around his waist. The class is passing torturously slow, I look over at Simon and notice a dark purple bruise on his throat and almost choke trying to hold back my laughter.

Simon turns to look at me raising an eyebrow giving me a questioning stare. I lean in close so I can whisper in his ear. "I think I left a hickey on your neck." I giggle as he looks at me wide eyed as his entire face turns red and his hand comes up to cover his neck. I hear Bunce laughing under her breath from beside him as Simon frantically looks around obviously not knowing what to do.

"What the fuck Baz?" He urgently whispers.

"Sorry," I chuckle, not feeling that sorry. "And it's okay, calm down, it's not that dark." I'm still grinning stupidly at him, he rolls his eyes, but I can see a smile breaking through.

The bell eventually rings and I am instantly out of my seat, ready to pick up where we were. Just Simon and I together talking having a good time, then I see him chatting with Bunce already distracted and completely unaware that I'm waiting for him. I freeze instantly feeling uncomfortable and out of place, then Simon turns to me with a glowing smile and offers me his hand. The way my hands shake is embarrassing as I lock my fingers with his, he turns back to Penny to finish his sentence. Nerves prickle under my skin as I walk hand in had with him down the hall, but I refuse to let my gaze drop and I walk through the hall continuously holding my head high.

We walk out into the courtyard and the fresh air is a welcome change and I feel like I can finally breathe again. We sit down on a patch of grass under a tree, and everything feels right again.

We fall into an easy conversation and I'm surprised my how much I'm enjoying Bunce's company. She teases Simon about the hickey I left and he gets her to spell it off. If I'm being honest, it made me a little sad to watch it evaporate off his throat, but I'm not going to bring that up. I make sure to not be too handsy while we're out here taking (because I honestly hate those types of people) but it's hard, especially when the conversation shifts to our relationship. The sun feels good against my skin and I'm blown away by how at home I feel with these two. I zoned out of the conversation, too wrapped up in how lucky I am right now. Yes, it was messy, and it hurt, but I didn't let it go and it worked out and I'm so fucking grateful for that.

_________________________________this isn't the end I plan on add 2 or 3 more chapters:) as always huge shout out to Simon_Snow for editing :) voting would be very much appreciated if you liked it, please leave a comment or dm me if you have any questions criticisms or suggestions:) (I love your guys comments so much!!!