𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟

AMARYLLIS SIGHED DEEPLY THROUGH HER NOSE AS SHE PRAYED TO ANY OTHERWORLDLY BEING TO TAKE AWAY HOW NAUSEOUS SHE WAS FEELING

AMARYLLIS SIGHED DEEPLY THROUGH HER NOSE AS SHE PRAYED TO ANY OTHERWORLDLY BEING TO TAKE AWAY HOW NAUSEOUS SHE WAS FEELING. She could feel someone's eyes on her but found that she really didn't care. Her nose picked up the delicious scent of Gumbo she ordered, and yet, she found that not even hunger made her want to lift up her head from the cold counter.

"Is she okay?" Jane-Anne, gesturing to Amaryllis with her head. Hayley sighed, taking a sip from her beer as she leaned forward. However, before the female werewolf could respond, Amaryllis gave the two girls a thumbs up and lifted her head up from the table. Taking the bowl of Gumbo with a grateful smile, she dug in slowly -- closing her eyes in pleasure as the spices touched her taste buds. "Y'know, this is the third time in here this week, girls."

"Amaryllis is obsessed with the Gumbo; it's the only thing she eats at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of drug in there that made your customers come back and want more." Hayley teased, setting her drink on the counter.

The ginger rolled her eyes at her friend, taking another bite from the dish. "You know, ladies in the 9th ward say, my sister, Sophie, bleeds a piece of her soul into every dish." The brunette woman explained, glancing over at her sister, who was working in another part of the restaurant.

"I'm not surprised. Only people who have a true passion for this stuff could make something so good." Amaryllis commented. Hayley nodded in agreement, grabbing an extra fork and stealing a bit of Amaryllis's food. "Hey! Get your own food!"

Hayley simply sent the girl a teasing smile, and then her face dropped into a serious expression. Leaning forward, she locked eyes with the brunette witch. "I asked around the Quarter about my family..."

"And?" Jane-Anne gestured for the werewolf to continue.

"Nada. Nothing. It's like someone wiped them off the planet." and she checked the records. Only Hayley's had died. "Someone should have seen or heard of them."

The witch sighed, grabbing a map from behind the counter and walking over to the girls. Pointing to an area on the map, she circled it with a bright, red marker. "Because, Hayley, people like you were run out of here years ago." She explained. Hayley and Amaryllis both raised an eyebrow in question, and Hayley asked, "What do you mean, people like me?"

"In the bayou, they call the werewolves 'Roux-Ga-Roux'. You head out there, you'll find what you're looking for. Be careful. It's the last place you'd ever want to go."

Grabbing the map with a grateful smile, Hayley stuffed the map in her jacket and walked out of the bar. "Thank you." Amaryllis thanked the woman with a grateful smile. Handing the woman a twenty, she walked out of the bar, unaware that her life was gonna change forever.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Picking out the non-existent dirt from underneath her nails, Amaryllis sighed tiredly as Hayley pulled into the bayou. "Hey, can you hand me the map?" Hayley asked the ginger, who nodded, grabbing the map from her bag, handing it to Hayley. "This is the place..."