Chapter 2

You stuff your hands in the pockets of your baggy cargo pants. You were forced to at least wear a uniform if not a lab coat but since you weren't a scientist you wore the uniform. You always wore at least the cargo pants along with your black boots, sometimes you'd take off the top when it got too hot and just wear the white undershirt and the pants. Currently you just wore the undershirt and pants.

You began to walk and sway back and forth as you hummed a random tune. You were always left alone and always had hours and hours to yourself and sometimes it got a bit boring not being able to converse with someone else but you were use to it, being lost in your own thoughts.

You turned a corner and there was one of the large gated elevators throughout the base. You approached the wall next to it and there was a large loose wall tile that you had unscrewed and discovered a large empty opening in the wall behind it you had discovered a couple of months back and had turned it into your own little private hang out.

You pulled the large tile off the wall and set it to the side and climbed inside. You then placed it back in place once you were in, after that you grabbed a flashlight you had placed inside and turned it on and set it up in the corner that lit up the entirety of the small place. It wasn't tall enough for you to stand in but enough for you to sit. Inside there wasn't much but you had your Bugs Bunny stuffed animal from your favorite show Looney Toons that you and your father use to watch all the time together when you were younger but now you never had time to. You had a few books to read to pass time and a red blanket spread across the floor. You sat up against the wall and sat your stuffed animal by your side as you picked up one of your books to enjoy.

You began to doze off as you read and slowly the book slipped from your hands and fell to the ground as your head tilted to the side and there you fell peacefully asleep.

After about an hour you awoke and lifted your head. You now had your stuffy in your lap leaning against you, you laugh to yourself and place it down to the side as you stretch out your arms and climbed out of your little hideaway.

You place the tile back and you spin around and start heading down the hall again. You wondered if your father wouldn't mind if you went and visited him while he worked, considering it was just him and another worker today. Plus you were beginning to feel a bit lonely and wanted to be around more people.

You decided to test your theory and turned down the corridor that led to the small lab where your father was currently working. Once you got there you slowly creaked the door open and slipped inside. There you find your father and the other worker crouched down working inside a panel. You could hear the cranking of a wrench as you entered.

"Father?" You say as you walk over to them.

Alexei stands up and turns to you, "(Y/N) what are you doing here?"

The other worker turned and looked at you, his face covered in oil and black smeared all over him, "Hello." He said to you.

You give him a slight smile before answering Alexei, "I just got lonely and bored." You shrug your shoulders as you walk up to their side, you smile at your father.

He smiles back and sighs, "Alright, I guess you can stay for a bit."

You smile widely, "Thank you!"

Alexei pats you on the back before crouching back down and returning to his work. You didn't know what they were doing or talking about but you still silently watched cause it was better than being alone for sure.

The room was quite empty besides all the panels and electric devices along the walls, but it was pretty large. Every move seemed to echo loudly.

You turned and decided to look around since you had never been in this part of the base. As you went to look around Alexei called after you to make sure you didn't touch anything, you respectfully agreed and went on. There were so many flashing lights and controls which you had no clue what they powered or did.

You discovered a short stairway that went up but was quickly blocked by something large, it almost looked like the underside of a bed. You turned your head as you looked at it, "Hey where does this-" you began, but stopped as you saw this odd bed move and looked as if someone was lifting it up slowly.

You quickly dashed out of view and ran back to your father, you grabbed him by the shoulder, "Hey um are-" you began to tell him but once again you were cut off but this time it was by someone's deep voice yelling at you guys in a foreign language. Your heart leaped and you all spun around to face this voice and there you saw a tall burly man pointing a gun at you all, a short woman standing next to him, and from what you could tell, you knew they weren't supposed to be there.