For Real This Time

Prompt: Elton enlists the roommates, aka Colby, Aaron, Corey, Jake (and special guest star Brennen) to go hiking in L.A on a hot day. What began as an innocent vlogging expedition turns into an almost deadly incident.

It was a hot Thursday afternoon when Elton came barging into the living room of the traphouse with his camera insisting they all go for a hike for some footage. Jake, Aaron and Corey were playing Rocket League on the big screen when Elton came rushing in. A huge heat wave was hitting L.A full blast which makes everyone groan in response, the weather too much to enjoy a stroll up the side of a mountain. 

But Elton insists, and doesn't let up until the three roommates agree to the expedition. Jake offers to go enlist Sam and Colby as the others get changed for the weather outside. He goes to Sam's room first (who's editing their newest Sam and Colby video) and asks Sam if he and Colby would be up for a hike with the gang.

Sam sighs and leans back in his chair, taking a moment to contemplate. "Yeah, dude, sure. If everyone else is going... but Colby's out vlogging with Brennen, he should be back soon though if you wanted to ask him too."

Jake nods and Sam follows him to the living room, where they see Elton trying to convince both Colby and Brennen to go with, who must have just got back from hanging out a few moments prior. Brennen has his camera and is dressed for the weather whereas Colby's in his black jeans, grey shirt and beanie, you know, his usual emo self.

"Shit, dude. I wasn't planning on going for a hike but... fuck it, I'm in," Brennen announces with a toothy smile, raising his camera. "Besides, I do need some more footage for my vlogs."

Colby turns to Elton skeptically and crosses his arms, biting his lip. "Yeah, sure. It'd do me some get to get out of the house more often, I guess."

Elton enthusiastically hypes everyone up about how fun it'll be as he, Brennen, Corey, Jake and Aaron all head out to his car to go. Sam and Colby, both not dressed properly for a hike, go upstairs to change after agreeing to follow the others in Colby's car.

After getting a text from Elton of the location to meet them, he and Sam get changed and head out to Colby's car, seeing Elton and the others already long gone. 

He and Sam drive to the agreed upon mountain nearby to trek up to, listening to music on their way over as they joke about what may happen on the hike. After arriving, they park in the parking lot when they see the others all standing at the base of the mountain, cameras out as they await Sam and Colby's arrival.

"There they are, the patented xplr bros themselves," Brennen announces, pointing the camera at them as Sam and Colby approach. They both start sauntering over as soon as the cameras on them and soon enough, all six of them are off.

Elton and Corey vlog in the front, Jake and Aaron tagging along behind with Brennen doing his own thing behind them whilst Sam and Colby trail along at the end. They're all vlogging whilst trying to be entertaining; coming up with jokes, just having dumbass conversations. I mean, what would you expect from them?

A few minutes later, Colby stops as they're in the middle of making their way up the side of the mountain and looks down. There's about an eight foot drop beneath them with a spaced out forest surrounding it and they're all being cautious around the edge of the cliffside. Always fascinated with ledges, Colby inches himself over to the cliffside and slowly and carefully sits down on the edge, swinging his legs. He looks down at the scenery of Los Angeles below him and smiles, somewhat forgetting about everyone with him.

"Colby, bro!" Brennen suddenly says, doubling back when he sees Colby on the edge. "Dude, stay right there. This is gonna be a dope thumbnail!"

Hearing Brennen calling out to Colby, it catches everyone's attention and soon, they're all filming Colby from behind Brennen, getting that good footage for each of their vlogs.