I WAS BORN TO FLEX

Start from the beginning

"Same here Ben," I replied smiling pulling him into a tight hug. "I gotta go, I'll see you soon. Hopefully before you leave."

"You know it doll face."

****

I raced home to find my mom already picking up her purse and keys to start heading out the door.

"Ma," I said begging. "Did you make anything?" I said running up to her clutching my hands almost on the verge of over dramatic tears.

She rolled her eyes smacking me with her purse.
"Your ass wants to be independent and move out but you have to gall to still come over for breakfast," she said shaking her head slinging her bag over her shoulder.

"Aye de verdad mami, come on..." I said pleadingly on my knees.

"Stupida, get your ass up, the food is in foil, look in the microwave," she remarked waving me off before heading out the door.

"Thank you!" I screamed as she shut the door.

"Shut the fuck up!" I heard a familiar annoying voice groan from behind me.

"You know how pathetic you sound, coming over all the time begging mom for some food, you good for nothing hobo," Ambrose sighed coming up to me.

I smacked the back of his head before stating, "boy bye, that's why I'm the one that gives mami money for groceries and gas while your loser ass is here sleeping all day and partying all night."

"You uptight bitch, you know nothing of the party scene. I'm a people person. I must socialize,"he said rubbing his eyes yawning.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going back to sleep you troll!" He seethed. "Try to close that fucking lid of yours," he stated before strolling back to his room, his satin flowery print robe swaying side to side as he did.

"Pussy," I murmured angrily.

After scarfing down the food ma left for me, I plopped down on the couch, my head resting back against the cushion, folding my legs onto the coffee table. I slowly shut my eyes trying to get a few hours in of rest before returning home to get ready for my shift at the diner.

I don't know how much time had passed before I heard the front door quickly open. My eyes shot open to find my old next door neighbor Ruby appear in the corridor. I arched an eyebrow, folding both hands onto my lap expecting him to say something.

He blushed a little before giving me a quick nod, "hey baby girl, Ambrose in? He was suppose to give Jamal, Monse and I a ride to our first day of school," he stated smoothing back his hair with his hand.

"Ambrose is a little hungover at the moment, I don't think he's going anywhere," I replied chuckling slightly.

His eyes widened before he quickly put half his body out the front door before saying "he's hungover, that pinche bastard," Ruby yelled frustrated.

"I told you! That's why we shouldn't have trusted him in the first place and listened to me instead about arriving her a little earlier just in case, now we're going to be late," a familiar voice replied.