Bonus Chapter

•a few years later•

Sabrina's Pov
  "I'll see you when I get off work," Elliot says, kissing my temple before pressing a kiss to my lips. "One more," I pout and he chuckles, pressing another kiss to my lips. "One more," I say again with a small smile.

"You're going to make me late," he mumbles against my lips before giving me a longing kiss. "I have to go now, baby. I love you," he says, grabbing his jacket out of the closet. "I love you too," I frown, watching him walk towards the door.

"Don't give me that look. I'll be home soon," he says with a frown before walking out of the door. I had finally gotten the courage to submit my application for the pediatrician job a few days ago, and they said I should be hearing from them within today or tomorrow.

On a different note, I haven't really been feeling good lately, but I didn't tell Elliot because I didn't want him to worry about me. I figured it was just a little cold that would pass over, so I wasn't really worried about it.

My plans for today consisted of meeting up with my friend, Riley, in order to congratulate her on having her twins; which happened to be a boy and a girl. I decided to quickly get ready, trying to ignore the nauseous feeling as I curled my hair.

I walked down the stairs, exiting our house and locking the door before getting in my car and driving to her house.

***

I had started feeling extremely nauseous as we talked, but I tried to ignore it. "Are you okay?" Riley asks, her eyebrows furrowed as she looks at me. "I'm fine," I say with a small smile, picking up my water bottle. "You look like you're going to puke, Sabrina," she says worriedly, glancing over my frame for a minute.

"How long have you been feeling like this?" She asks, suddenly getting up and walking into the back room of her house. "Riley, I said I'm-"

"Sabrina," she says pointedly, walking back out with her hands behind her back. "Maybe a week or so?" I mutter unsurely, glancing at the floor. "Have you and Elliot been using protection?" She asks and I quickly look up, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I'm not pregnant," I mumble, slouching slightly on the couch. Sure Elliot and I talked about starting a family soon, but we agreed that we could try after I get my job and work a little bit. I didn't want to use just his money for the baby, so we were going to wait until I started making more money too.

"Have you?" She asks again, the serious look on her face making me sigh out. "No. I'm on birth control though Rils, I'm not pregnant," I say again, looking away from her.

I was honestly scared to be pregnant. Riley was a single mom with twins, so thinking about that just makes me fear pregnancy. That's why I'm glad that Elliot says we can try whenever I'm ready, in which I feel like I'm not quite ready yet. Riley was extremely strong though for a single mom, she has everything for them.

"Sabrina I want you to take a pregnancy test," she speaks abruptly, pulling the test from behind her back and holding it out in front of me. "I- Riley. I'm not pregnant. I get my birth control shots every 12 weeks-"

I stop when I realize that a few days ago marked 12 weeks. I quickly pulled out my phone, looking at my calendar realizing I was actually 2 weeks late for my shot. Had Elliot and I had sex within these past 2 weeks? Hell yeah; but shots last from 12 to 14 weeks, so the chance of me being pregnant is- slim?

I wasn't really sure about that statement, but I wanted to make myself believe that I wasn't pregnant. I guess we were so caught up with- doing 'it' that I forgot about birth control.