Chapter 8

Kai's POV

"I thought Seven was the boss?"

"We follow orders that he gets from someone higher, someone more powerful. We don't see him often but he wanted to talk to you, his name is Prince" Billie says while getting off the counter to throw the now empty cup of ice.

"Great" I huff and remember the call Billie had gotten by the pool but decide not to mention it.

I turn my head when I hear a bunch of screams coming from the door and sigh, too tired to deal with a bunch of teenagers.

"I have stuff to do. Don't talk to anyone unless I'm by your side, okay?" I nod and her warm hands engulf mine for a second before she disappears down the hall, my lips curling into a small smile.

What the fuck.

"Don't leave me alone ever again" Jaden comes into the kitchen with a frown on her face a couple of minutes later and I look up, offering her the bag of Hot Cheetos.

"Sorry?" I say apologetically and she narrows her eyes, snatching it out of my hands.

"You should be" she mumbles and I pat her back reassuringly, taking a moment to look at her outfit.

"You look nice"

"I do? Thank you"

I hum and hop off the counter, heading to the back door. "Wanna go outside? I'm sure Jax is already waiting for you"

She nods and I wait for her to follow me, closing the door behind us. I head to the lounge chairs where -just like I thought- Rory and Jax are hanging out with the same group of people as the last party, despite Billie and Seven not being there.

Jaden comes up from behind me when I approach them and sits in Jax's lap, who doesn't waste any time and starts complimenting her dress. I roll my eyes at his antics and sit next to Rory, smiling at anyone who greets me.

"What's up Kai?" Rory asks, offering me a beer.

"Thank you. Apparently Prince is coming today? Billie let me know" I comment as I take a sip, letting the bitter taste invade my mouth.

"He is but don't let him get to you. Just let him get his message across and you'll be okay"

"Who's Prince?" Jaden asks and Rory shakes her head, smiling reassuringly.

"Don't worry about him, he's just a friend"

"She'll want to join in one day, you know that right?" Damian, one of the guys sitting in front of us, chimes in while grabbing a pre-roll.

"Shut your mouth" I hiss and Rory gives him a warning look, putting her hands up.

"Damian, not now. We'll talk about this later"

Damian shakes her head and laughs sarcastically, shooting me a smirk before focusing on his girl again.

What an ass.

Jaden looks at me unsure but Jax whispers something in her ear trying to distract her, making her blush and stand up quickly.

"I'm glad you and Billie are friends now" Rory changes the topic and I feel myself calm down as I watch the couple get inside the house, my thoughts drifting to the girl in question.

"Yeah I guess we are"

"She told me about what you guys plan on doing to find Fin. I have some ideas in mind"

Warmth spreads through my heart when I hear that and I smile, looking at her happily. "Thank you"

"You'll have to go through a make over so wait until you thank me" she says, smirking devilishly.