1.2 - lυĸe pт 1

I woke up in my normal bed, not what I was expecting. I looked around the room and someone was watching me. Tracy. "You fainted last night. I just put you back in bed because I knew it was one of those hallucinations again."

I didn't say anything I just got up, grabbed clothes out of my closet and walked to the shower. I locked the door behind me and started undressing. I turned on the hot water in the shower and got in.

The warm water quickly erased the layers of sweat from my body. After washing my body with Johnson's baby soap, I washed my hair. I ran my hands through the my hair, remembering the time Cameron and I showers together, and she ran her hands through my hair. At the memory of her I felt the tears at the edge of my eyes, but I wouldn't let them come out. She died last year, I should be over it.

I just keep blaming myself for her death. I could have been there. I could have stopped it. And if I hadn't been stupid and yelled at her the day before she would still be here

FLASHBACK

" I TOLD YOU TO STOP GOING THERE! I KNEW THEY WOULD HURT YOU, AND I TOLD YOU THAT DIDN'T I?! DIDN'T I?!"

I screamed in Cameron's face.

She started crying, the tears pouring down her face. I refused to let myself pity her in this situation. "Yes you told me and I'm sorry! I didn't believe you because I wanted to make friends besides the crazy ones here. I came here because I needed to get better and I promised my mom I would make friends!"

"WELL WHEN YOUR FUCKING BOYFRIENDS TELLS YOU NO, YOU FUCKING LISTEN TO THEM RIGHT?! IT'S VERY LOGICAL TO LISTEN TO ME BECAUSE IM THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS WHOLE CRAZY HOSPITAL WHO CARES ABOUT YOU!" My voice faded at the end as I realized what I said. I knew it would hurt her feelings because her and Tracy are really close and Cameron takes comments like those seriously.

Her face shined bright with red anger. Instead of replying she ran away, put of my room, slamming the door behind her.

I snapped out of the day dream when I felt the water go cold. I couldn't tell if I was crying.

I got out of the shower and dried off. I applied lotion and washed my face before putting clothes on. I wore a black Blink 182 shirt and black skinny jeans with black vans. Surprise.

I realized today was the day we had a group therapy session. It's where a group of depressed people get together and talk about shit. I got out of the bathroom, grabbed my phone while sitting on the bed and looked at the time. It was already 2pm and the session started at 6.

I noticed Tracy wasn't in the room, probably left during my hour long shower.

I went downstairs, using the elevator and made my way to the cafeteria area. I grabbed a plate and stood in line. Like before, I got a plate full of slop.

I looked around the cafeteria to see one open table except someone was sitting in it. It was a girl with schizophrenia. She has purple hair with brown eyes, and I think her name is Echo or something. She's really quite but sometimes gets super energetic that it gets scary. She's tall, almost as tall as me and I'm 6 4"

I approached her table and asked if I could sit down. She looked very scared like she had seen a ghost or something. Oh wait.

I didn't want to make her uncomfortable so I decided just to apologize and walk away. "No come back its ok, its just a habit to not sit with anyone." She sort of yelled.

I turned back around and sat at the table. I didn't say anything I just looked at her eyebrows. They were bleach blond. Then I looked at her hair. Her roots were dark brown. That made me wonder if she had blond or brown hair.

We sort of just looked at each other in the eyes as I sorted through the slop on my plate. I didn't really eat at all, I wasn't even that hungry. It was weird sitting with someone I didn't know that is actually interesting. We talked a little bit and it made me realized I've isolated myself so much that I've missed out on some amazing people.

-

I made a quick update since I haven't been on in a while so sorry this is short but this is only part 1. Btw the picture of the girl is echo. Hope you enjoy!

_S.Armstrong