thirty six

Harry's p.o.v:

What Taylor had just said really killed me. She knew that there was something wrong, but she didn't know it all. She didn't know how much i love her, and always will. She didn't know that it's me who's done something wrong, not her. And she didn't know that this will break me, too. I was only trying to keep my promise i made to myself a few weeks ago; When Taylor wakes up, i would leave her because she deserves more. I know that's cliche and typical, but what can I do when i'm hurting the one i love? It will be hell in the first few months, but in the long run it will be worth it for her. She'll be married and have kids with a nice gentleman she deserves. It will make me happy, too, seeing her happy. No matter how jealous i may be, she deserves to live a good life. 

"Harry?" Taylor said, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"I was just thinking." I said genuinely. I thought about how i should do this whole breaking up thing. If i was too gentle with her about it, she would keep calling me, begging for me to take her back. If i was too mean and harsh, she would hate me forever. Ugh

"Okay, let me just grab a coffee while i wait." Taylor snapped.

"Sorry, sorry." I sighed. "You're right, things have been different lately between us. I've been... preoccupied and-"

"Harry, please don't sugarcoat it." Taylor said. "Whatever you want to say, say it."

"Um... okay. What i'm getting to here is that i need to... " I gulped before i said what i've been dreading to say for weeks "Break up with you."

"Yep." Taylor looked broken. "Same old shit. I'm sorry, Harry. For not being considerate of you, and for being rude and disrespectful. You mean a lot to me. Not that that changes anything, of course. I just wanted you to know."

"I know." I muttered. Why did she have to make it so much harder than it already was? "I feel like we're not a good match. You and I both know that two songwriters never work out in a relationship. Because with both people being honest in songs, that just causes problems. It's inevitable, Taylor-"

"You don't need to justify your decision." Taylor looked as broken as i felt as she walked to the door. "I understand. 

"Taylor, I-" I couldn't finish my sentence because there was no point. Taylor had left the room, and even if she was still here there was nothing i could say to her without giving myself away. I didn't want her to know about how the issue was me, not her because if she knew she would get her way by denying it, and guilt-tripping me. Then we'd end up happily together again, without a care in the world. I wish that would happen, but it couldn't. Taylor would get over me, i knew it. 

a/n: hey thanks for reading if you've kept up this far! Don't forget to vote and comment :)