10.

Where is she?!

_________________________

"Mom?"

Talos looked at Sam concerned.

"She's delusional, we gotta hurry!" he screamed at Maria who was still trying to get rid of Minn-Erva.

"Working on it! Hold on!"

"Mom, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Tears were streaming down Sam's eyes

Talos looked at his wife, his face screaming for help. She nodded and took Sam's hand on hers.

"It's ok, sweetie. I'm here" she said caressing her cheek.

Talos looked at her confused.

"I'll keep her awake. You sterilize her wound." Talos nodded and grabbed the emergency kit Nick managed to find.

"I'm scared, mom"

"Don't be. Everything's going to be fine."

"It hurts, mommy" her voice was so vulnerable, weak, pleading thatTalos stopped to look at her.

He didn't want to hurt her more but this was for her good. He shook his head and started to sterilize the wound. As soon as he started, Sam let out a piercing scream, that kind that makes your blood run cold. Everyone in the ship could feel her pain. Talos'eyes were filling with tears as he repeatedly apologized to Sam, but she couldn't hear him. Talos'wife's grip on Sam's hand tightened as she tried to sooth the girl the best way she could.

"Sam, focus on my voice! You'll be alr-" suddenly an unexpected wide turn of the ship made everyone fall on the ground.

"Sorry!" Maria screamed as she finally blasted Minn-Erva to Hell.

"YES!" Fury celebrated, fist bumping Maria, who proved to be a very skilled pilot.

The sudden shift made Sam groan in pain. She was sweating, her face paler by the second. Her mouth felt dry, her whole body cold. She was trembling and the fear of dying was tightening her heart.

"Mom, I don't wanna die..." Sam whispered, her eyes heavy

Talos resumed what he was doing after composing himself, while his wife cupped Sam's face in her hands.

"You won't die. Not on my watch. But you have to stay awake for me, honey. Tell me something, anything." her tone was frantic, she didn't want this girl to die for them. She was grateful to her and she owned her. She could not let her die, not after she rescued them, not after she saved her husband's life.

She needed to keep her awake but Sam seemed to not be listening to her. The girl was moaning, eyes closing and opening. The Skrull didn't know what to do anymore, she looked at her husband, who was bandaging the girl's abdomen. He did the best he could, but she needed to be treated as soon as possible. He looked at his wife, who's eyes were desperate and held guilt.