chapter nineteen

11: 35 PM, JULY 4TH, 1985

              Y/n sat in the back of an open fire truck. A blanket covering her as Steve held her, not wanting to let go and of course Robin by their side. It continued to rain, as firemen flooded the mall, helicopters landing in the parking lot, to storm the russian base. Y/n just sat in Steve's arms, feeling incredibly weak and extremely exhausted.

Y/n could barely see but she did saw Will, run to his mother as she held him. She looked at Eleven, which made Y/n look at her. Eleven looked around, not seeing hopper. She began to breakdown, falling to the floor, sobbing. Y/n tried to get up, weakly running to the sobbing girl.

"No, no, no!" She tried to yell but her voice was so broken and raspy, it was gone from the screaming just thirty minutes ago. She reached into Steves pocket, grabbing her purple bandanna. She rushed and limped over to Eleven, holding Eleven as she quickly put her bandanna on over her eyes, trying to do something new. She held Eleven, ignoring the noises and focus.

Suddenly, the two opened their eyes going to the world only they were familiar with. The same black universe with the water floors. Y/n sighed, it worked. Eleven started to cry again, soon enough Y/n was holding eleven, stoking her hair. Eleven never wanted to leave.