chapter 2

Sequoia

I don't think his friends are too happy that he sat by me, the guy who sat in front of us is dressed in all black with black hair that goes to the bottom of his eyes, gives Colt a look like he's all kinds of pissed off. He looks strong but not strong like he's played football, but like he works out, if they got in a fight it would be an even one.Colt just lips him off like it's the most normal thing in the world.

"Hi." Colt says. Instantly I turn to the most beautiful voice I have ever heard in my whole life.

"Umm hi." Umm? Why the hell did I just say 'umm'? God I'm such an idiot. "I'm sequoia."

"Yeah, I know." He says easily. Like he does this every day. Then again maybe he does

"What? How do you know that?" ok I'm a little freaked out.

"Small town, remember?" now I feel stupid.

"Oh yeah, small town." Now I'm making myself look like an idiot. The embarrassment will never end. He kind of laughed at my response. That's just what I need.

"Yep, no secrets, especially if you're new to town." He tells me, this day just keeps getting better.

"So where are you from?" I ask.

"Ive lived here my whole life." He tells me

"Oh." Is all I can think to say?

"Yep and I can't wait to get out of here. How about you where did you come from, and don't tell me you lived here your whole life"

I laugh. I think." Portland Oregon. A not so small town." I tell him

"That's cool, wish I lived in a big town, or a city," he tells me

"Why is that?" I ask

"I hate small towns, nothings private, and there are no secrets. It's like everybody is a celebrity"

"Oh, I guess that would get annoying after a while."

"You bet. So how old are you?" he asks me

"I turn sixteen in January."

"Cool, I turn sixteen next month."

"Yeah and I turned sixteen three months ago." Said the guy in front of us.

"Hello class," says mrs.martinez, then she goes over a bunch of rules that I guarantee everybody but me has heard before. "Now I'm going over attendance, don't try and pretend you are somebody else because I already know most of you. Colt Armstrong?"

"Here."

"Damon Black?"

"Here." The guy who gave colt a dirty look when he sat by me. The one with a permanent scowl. He has dark hair green eyes, and is wearing blue jeans, and a black shirt.

"Rose Decker?"

"Here" The girl who gave colt a dirty look, she is wearing a jean skirt, black spaghetti strap, and black flip flops and is holding hands with Damon. Black seems to be favorite color here. She has brown hair, and chocolate brown eyes.

"Sienna frost?"

"Here" girls with black hair brown eyes and a very unnatural tan. She's wearing blue jeans and a light blue low cut t-shirt.

"Malachi Hale?"

"What?" asked the guy who colt flipped off. He sounded pissed. Maybe that's a usual thing for him.

She went on with ten or eleven more names and started class. For some reason the period went nutorisuly slow, I didn't help that I could feel colts stare on me like it was a physical weight on my shoulders. It's a good thing this is only the first day because I can't concentrate on anything she is saying.

Colt

The bell rings letting us out of Spanish. "Hey umm. Do you mind if I see your schedule?" I ask sequoia.

"Sure I guess." She says handing me her schedule.

Class ' ' 'rm# ' ' 'teacher

Spanish 1 ' '204 ' ' 'Martinez, jasmine

Chemistry ' '210 ' ' 'white, corey

Social studies ' '202 ' ' 'smith, jhon

' ' 'Lunch

Geometry ' '101 ' ' 'jones, jessica

P.E. ' ' '110 ' ' 'taylor, addy

English 2 ' '102 ' ' 'martin, josh

"Cool looks like we have chemistry and P.E. together after this." He tells me.

"Umm cool." She says. She doesn't sound very convincing.

"You say 'umm' a lot." I tell her

"u- I mean yeah I guess."

"We should probably get headed to chemistry." I say.

"Yeah, chemistry." And we head to chemistry.

When we get there she scans the room like she's looking for somebody, when she sees dany, she lights up like a Christmas tree.

"Do you mind if we sit by dany?" she asks me

Great. "Sure." I say. Not able to say no. as say this a bunch of other kids walk in and find seats by their friends. Right after the bell rings sienna walks in and sits right next to me. Natural.

please comment if you liked it and even if you didnt. thanx :)