chapter 4

Malachi

"Oh, umm yeah." She says.

"You wanna tell me what?" for some reason I had to know.

"no." what? Nobody tells me no. everybody gives me what I want. That's the main reason i built the whole bad boy thing. If you look bad then no body messes with you and you get what you want.

"Why not?" I ask struggling to keep the frustration out of my voice.

"Because it's crazy." She tells me quietly. Like nobody ever has a crazy thought.

"Crazy's my specialty." I try. I could see the longing to tell me in her eyes, but I also saw confusion. Like she couldn't figure out why she wanted so badly to tell me. The best part, I didn't do anything but ask.

After what looked like an internal battle and a long silence she caved and told me.

Sequoia

I told him all about my dream; he stiffened up a little when I mentioned the wolf and the other guy (I defiantly was not giving any names) and again even more when I told him about the angel.

"Angels and werewolf's huh? No vampires? Or pixies? Figures. I knew he would make fun of me but I told him anyway.

"You wanted to know." I remind him. Then I realized something that I hadn't thought of. "I thought you hated me." I say. That just made him laugh.

"no." he says still laughing.

"But you did yesterday." I reminded him.

"Yesterday I didn't get to hear about your werewolf and angel." He says, finally not laughing.

"So then you're going to hate me again tomorrow?" I ask.

He got all serious and said "if I hated you, you wouldn't be here."

I wasn't sure what that meant but I didn't know how to respond, so I said noting.

At lunch, colt sat with me and dany. He whispered something to dany and she got up and left.

"Where did she go?" I ask

"I don't know." He said matter of factly. "But I think you should stay away from Malachi." He tells me.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because he isn't safe, if you hang around him too much you could get hurt, now I don't want you hanging around him anymore." He tells me

"Or what you'll send me to my room? I don't think so, you are not my dad, you cannot and will not tell me who I can and can't hang out with and who I should or shouldn't talk to!!" I yelled at him.

"I was just saying-"he started.

"I don't care!" I interrupt and started storming off.

"You stay away from him. Or I swear you will regret it!" I stopped in my tracks and spun around and started marching back at him.

"What did you say?" I ask making well sure that he knew he was on very thin ice.

"I said that you will stay away from him or you will regret it."

"No, you will stay away from me, or you will regret it." I say putting as much venom as I can in my voice. I must not have made myself very clear because he started laughing. Then I heard crack, and at the same time colts laugh broke off. I turned around to see colt testing his jaw and wincing when he moved it, and Malachi standing in front of him shacking out his fist. It was hard not to laugh.

Colt saw me and gave me the glare that invented if looks could kill. For some reason that just made it funnier. I couldn't hold it in any more and burst out laughing. I think that made colt even more mad because the last think I remember is him lunging at me and feeling my head hit something hard.