"I love you Summer, you don't have to say it back." She says as she leaves, and weirdly... Kingston comes in.

I open up the spot on my bed next to me so he can lay down.

He slowly approaches, kicking off his shoes at the side of the bed and sitting down next to the bed, "Can I ask you a question?" I say looking up at him, "Well, you just did, but go on." He says turning so our faces are inches apart.

"Why?.. why did you care so much?" I ask and he sighs, "I will answer that if you tell me why you do not cry?" He asks and I nod, "You noticed... I.. I haven't cried in three years. I guess I'm not comfortable with showing vulnerability."

"Is that how long this has been going on?"
"You were limited to one question, but yes. Now tell me."
"Because, you dont have anybody. I want that to change, you deserve it."
"Hearing those words from somebody else stings."
"Well... you have me now, you really like each other." He says in a soft voice.
"Why were you at my house that day?" I ask and he laughs.
"I was really happy because you got me a good grade for a project and River just tagged along." He says and I stare at him, wide-eyed.
"You did most of it!"
"Do not remind me, I was bragging on and on."
"That's my boy." I joke making us both laugh.

He smiles at me and I smile at him looking down at my hands, "What are you really like?" I ask and he furrows his eyebrows, "Well it was my turn," He mocks playfully before giving somewhat of an answer, "Depends on what you mean?"

"People say you're a player, rude. What am I supposed to think?" I ask and he looks at me pulling my face closer to his, "You will have to find out, but I am not letting you be alone through this." He says.

Before getting up to go to his house, it's weird how he cared about me. How he comes here.

"Thank you." I tell him as he leaves, leaving me to feel lonely again.

------------

I'm about to show them, my scars, my bruises, how neglected I was. How I'm apparently not a healthy size, maybe that's why I don't feel pretty.

My mom stays by my side standing up, Kingston will be outside when the doctor gets here, but right now he's in a chair next to there bed.. Though he is forbidden to look under the blanket where I'm only in my underwear.

He seems to be happy about it though, a grin on his face while he looks at me which I just chuckle and shake my head.

"I think you could easily go get a girl if you need something?" I ask and he chuckles, covering his mouth so my mom doesn't hear him.

I start laughing to, trying to stop it by covering my mouth so we both just end up laughing a silent laugh.

"I can literally see both of you. You can laugh. I have ears. You're lucky I'm cool." She says, though she's mostly talking to herself as we start laughing harder, though now it's out loud.

Soon the doctor comes in, two police officers by her side. Making Kingston and I hold our laughs in. He looks at me, eyes filled with sorrow.

"Okay, Mr. Brag, will you leave now?" Doctor Espenzo says and he nods, I guve him a sad smile as he gets up.

I watch as he leaves, closing the door and leaving to go sit down somewhere.

Slowly the doctor helps me stand up, the blanket dropping down to the floor and my mom letting out a gasp before covering her mouth. Tears sprouting out of her eyes that are so similar to mine.

My legs have long scars down the from when my dad experimented with using a knife, but he said he liked causing my pain more one on one. Bruises line all of my body parts, my ribs, arms, and face have scars as well from flying dishes and beer bottles.

One faint scar lies on the bridge of my nose, another healing into a scar on the very side of my forehead from so many deep gashes.

The doctor frowns while looking at me, I feel the highest point of uncomfortable. Everybody stares at my half naked body. Sad because of how I look, I'm just that ugly. The doctor heads out for a moment and comes back with somebody who takes a picture of my body.

"This is for the court case." The police man tells my mom and she growls, "There shouldn't even be a court case, that man abused my daughter for years." She says and I squeak out a "Mom!" Feeling uncomfortable.

I rub my arms trying to be as soothing as possible. The doctor nods, "Okay that's enough." Before heading towards me and putting the blanket around me, "I'm sorry sweetie. It'll all be over soon."

But will it?

Soon Kingston comes in again.

I'm under a blanket on the bed. "I still have no clothes on." I say as I stare at the ceiling, so many people seeing me like that makes me feel dirty.

He smiles a deep grin at me making me laugh though my stomach hurts. "Lovely." He says and I look down at my legs and the long scars running down them.

"Not really." I mumble as he sits down next to me on the bed, I'm only this comfortable with him, I don't like sharing a bed with Anybody, but him it's different. "You are so beautiful" He mumbles, barely making it to my ear. I blush, I have never received a compliment like that before. I look up at him, for the first time I don't care about the pain.

He's been there for me through all of this even though he barely knows me. I throw my arms around his shoulder and smile, his scent hitting me.

He smiles, his nose scrunching up and eyes squinting. He lets go handing me his phone, "Pick a song, I'll guess the name and singer." He says and a competitive smile raises on my face.

" He says and a competitive smile raises on my face