Chapter 25 - Prepare to Set Sail!

Natsu's POV

I woke up and found myself on a bed, looking up at a wooden ceiling. Looking around, I noticed I was in the infirmary onboard my ship. "Natsu, are you awake?" Wendy asked from beside the bed. "What happened?" I asked, my memory was a bit hazy. "We were outnumbered" Gray said sadly from the other side of the room. He was sitting on a chair beside Erza and Happy. I bolted up, "where's Lucy?!" I asked as I looked around to see if she was here but I couldn't see her. Everyone's faces turned sad as they look down. "They took her Natsu" Erza said with a disappointed tone of voice.

I clenched my fists, "how long have I been out for?" I asked. "Six hours" Wendy told me and I jumped out of the bed. "We're going to get her back" I said as I walked towards the door. "You know that we will be going against a whole kingdom and there's a risk we could be caught and thrown into jail?" Gray asked. "I would fight the whole world for her and risk is all part of being a pirate" I said and they gave me a proud grin. "Now lets go get Lucy" I said and walked out of the infirmary.

I went above deck where the rest of my crew were. They were standing around and the girls were looking sad. "Stop standing there like landlubbers and prepare to set sail! We're going to rescue Lucy!" I said in my Captain's voice. They perked up and saluted. "Aye, aye, Captain!" they shouted back and ran to their posts. "Levy set a course for the Celestial Kingdom!" I ordered, "aye Captain!" she replied. As my crew were running around, I walked up to man the wheel. Happy flew over and sat on my shoulder. "You ok Natsu?" he asked me. "I'll feel better when Lucy's back with us" I replied. "You mean in your arms" Happy snickered and I blushed. "Happy!" I shouted and he flew away laughing. I chuckled a bit, 'thanks for cheering me up a bit Happy' thought and focused on steering the ship.

I thought back to when Lucy was taken. 'Damn that Zeref. Don't worry Lucy, I'll save you' I thought. 'I can help with saving Lucy' a female spoke in my head. "Who said that?!" I exclaimed shocked as I whipped my head around. "Are you going insane Flame Brain? No one said anything" Gray said as he walked by, carrying a crate. 'Only you can hear me Natsu Dragneel' the voice spoke again. 'Who are you?' I asked the voice. 'I'm a friend of Makarov's and I want to help you save Lucy' the voice replied. 'You know Gramps?' I asked, 'yes and I need you to stop by the Fairy Tail guild to pick me up' the voice replied.

'Why should I do what you say?' I asked, 'because you won't be able to defeat Zeref without me' the voice replied. I don't know who this person is but for some reason I feel like I can trust them. Plus, if they can help me defeat Zeref and rescue Lucy then I have no choice but to seek their help. 'Fine but I'm only doing this for Lucy' I said, 'I know, see you soon' the voice replied with a slight giggle. I felt the voice's presence disappear from my head.

"We're stopping by the guild first" I told my crew. "Why?" they asked, "I'm not exactly sure but I know we need to pick someone up to help us defeat Zeref" I explained. "Who are we picking up?" Erza asked. "I don't know who she is but she says she's a friend of Gramps" I replied. "She?" Mira said curiously, "either way, it would be wise to stop by and ask Master for advice" Erza said. "Great idea Erza. Wendy, can you please use your sky dragon roar to speed up our trip? Time is important at the moment" I asked. "Aye!" Wendy replied and ran to her position. "Hold on to something everyone" Mira said and every grabbed something to hold on to. "Sky Dragon Roar!" Wendy chanted at our sail and the ship speedily across the ocean.

We arrived at Magnolia in no time thanks to Wendy. I quickly steered the ship into a dock and ran off towards the Fairy Tail guild hall. I couldn't waste any more time. When I arrived at the guild hall, I burst through the doors. "Gramps!" I called out, "I'm here Natsu. What's wrong my boy?" Gramps replied as he walked up to me. "Lucy's been kidnapped by Zeref" I explained. "This is troubling. Now that he has Lucy, I expect he'll hold the wedding ceremony soon" he said with a thoughtful expression. I clenched my fists in anger imagining Lucy walking down the aisle to another man. I can't let a man besides me marry Lucy, especially Zeref.

"Why are you here though Natsu? Shouldn't you be rushing to save Lucy?" he asked. "I'm supposed to pick up someone here" I replied. "That would be me" a girl with long wavy blonde hair walked up. "First Master!" Gramps exclaimed, "who is she Gramps?" I asked. "This is Mavis Vermillion, the first master and founder of Fairy Tail" he replied. "Are you going to help them First Master?" he asked her. "Yes, because I'm the only one who can defeat Zeref" Mavis said.