xi. TITLES & DESCRIPTIONS

the title is the most crucial thing to think about when writing a fanfiction

the title is the most crucial thing to think about when writing a fanfiction. when choosing a title for your book, go for something that's both unique and interesting. don't go for something simple like "Cory's New Girlfriend" or "Topanga's Twin Sister: A Shawn Hunter Love Story". you want a title that will catch someone's attention and have them think, "this book sounds really good".

the description of your fanfic should be just as interesting as your title. there are some people who make their description the same as their title, which really annoys me. they'll name their fanfic something like "Dating Shawn Hunter" and the description is "the story is about dating Shawn Hunter" or sometimes "read the story to find out ;)"

 they'll name their fanfic something like "Dating Shawn Hunter" and the description is "the story is about dating Shawn Hunter" or sometimes "read the story to find out ;)"

LIKE COME ON YOU DIDN'T EVEN TRY!!!

the description is meant to be a preview of your story so that people DON'T have to read the story to find out. and if you make your description the same as the title, (e.g "this story is about dating Shawn Hunter") people won't be interested in reading your story. plus they won't have a clear idea on what your story is about. like yes it's about dating Shawn, but is it about what it's like dating him? or what you guys do on dates? there needs to be more thought put into the description so people will know what they're going to be reading about.

TIPS
1) if you can't come up with a good title yourself, find a quote or song lyric that you really like and make that your title (that's what i do!) or maybe you can choose a quote from your own book to be the title

2) for the description, you could make a brief summary of the main point plot (which is probably the best way to go because it describes what your story is about; just don't make it too long where it explains the book entirely) another option is choosing a quote from your story (but only do that if the quote isn't the title of your book)

next chapter • POVs

—by eden ( @sturnloios )