She goes to my side and checks something on a clip board. "You must be tired from the pain meds, but some police would like to talk to you ask you some questions about your situation. Also your visiting with Mister Brag should be over soon but... I won't say anything." She says with a wink and I giggle, "Why?"she sits down on a chair to the side of me and shrugs.

"I love teen romance, that's how I met my husband."

"Oh, me and him aren-"

Kingston cuts me off by whispering in my ear, "I'm not leaving you alone..."

"Dating, were planning on getting married soon after she turns eighteen." He says, and my doctor giggles in joy.

"Oh that's sounds great! Good for you two!! How did you not know she was getting abused?"

"Oh well, for one I had never been to her house before because she said she was uncomfortable there, I hadn't seen her body, and I didn't want to intrude. We would only love each other at school." He lies and the doctor shakes her head with a sigh.

"This is truly just a love story I want to keep hearing about, but... I need to talk to Ms. Cynthia about her wounds." She says and he nods, his hand rests softly on my stomach, and somehow his touch doesn't hurt.

"I'll tell them what my dad did, but I don't want to talk about why." I say and she nods, "You can take your time, but we will have to know eventually.

"Also, your wound was not infected though the weapon... it was used to chop green onions." She laughs a little before composing herself, realizing that was a little rude.

"Ms. Cynthia, you'll only have to stay in here a couple more days because you're healing amazingly well but you will be in bed rest with limited movement and you will have pain killers."

"You should be healed completely by the time your school starts again, despite your multiple ill-healed Broken ribs." She says before looking towards the door.

"Also, we want to have a look at your body, your scars and external bruising." She says and I look at Kingston for help, I hate people seeing me. He nods looking up to the doctor.

"I don't think she would be very comfortable with that." Kingston says, furrowing his eyebrows. The doctor sighs, "Yes but we'd like to see it as soon as possible so we can have correct results. You could stay here for that if you're comfortable." I say and look at Kingston to see a smirk on his face.

"I'm good." I say and she nods, "We'll see what we can do. The police want to ask some questions now." She says as she sits in the corner of the room, Kingston looks at me and I signal him to stay.

Kingston's arm wraps around my waist, gently as to not hurt me. His head resting on my shoulder as tears leak from his eyes with every word I say.

Does he really care about me ?

-----

The police leave, as well as Kingston, with a kiss on my cheek and a promise to come see me, cursing something about Madeline. Tears sting my eyes as I look down at myself, a large bandage around my stomach and tubes everywhere. The tears threaten to come out but I don't let them.

Slowly River walks into the room. "Why are you here?" I say, my eyes burning but I look up, trying to not let the tears fall. I can't. "You hate me." I mumble, more to myself.

"I do not hate you, I hated you." He says ashamed. "Why?" I look at him and he gives me a sad smile while looking at our hands which are holding each other.

"When I came to Denmore I was going through some stuff, and I thought nobody else was going through anything worse. I was selfish and full of self-pity. So you were there, you had no friends and you dressed in all black, I just could not imagine why somebody like you would have any problems. I thought you just wanted attention. But you were going for the opposite." He says and I look at him. "I am not going to do that any more. I can not, I just want to be here okay." He says a little defense full.

"Plus, Kingston wants to fuck you hard, so I gotta deal with you're annoying ass."

"I was fine by myself before, I don't need you here okay. It's fine. I'm alone." I say, mumbling the last part to myself. "You are not alone." He says before picking up his hoodie and leaving the room.

The darkness looming over me grows and grows, until it pulls me into a deep, dark sleep.