Releases and Retributions

Start from the beginning

The day came in which I was to see FP again, and he was released from jail

Jughead, Betty and I greeted him and I watched with a bright smile as he left the fences of the prison. Quickly, the father took his son into a soft, embrace. The boys clapped each other on the back. He greeted Betty and then looked at me.
He gave me a long kiss, and pulled me close. It wasn't sexual, it wasn't perverted. It was love.
Love is a fickle thing, and an uglier word.
He pulled away, taking a deep look into my eyes.
"Alice," he greeted Betty's mom.
"Is it true what they say about men who've just been released from prison?" Alice asked.
I don't have time for her bullshit right now.
"What's that?" FP asked.
"That they're extremely sexually frustrated," Alice spoke and I felt my blood boil as Betty chastised her.
The group got in Alice's car, but I drove separately. I had come from my studio and needed some time.
"I'm gonna ride with Maddy," FP said to the group before shutting the passenger side door. I could hear him from the cracked windows.
"I missed you, Angel,"

Giving him a small smile, I tapped the button to the radio quickly. Rex Orange County was the last thing that had been playing, and Loving Is Easy began to play. I hummed along quietly, one hand in FP's as we made our way towards the diner. I was just hoping we could all take a break.

The peaceful drive to Pop's wasn't as long as I'd hoped, and we had all become under the ridicule of Alice Cooper once again. 

"So, FP,"
I loved Alice Cooper, but she had such a fat fucking mouth

"What are you going to do with your gang now that your back? Maddy and Jughead going to keep in the family business?" Alice pestered and I nearly choked on my strawberry shake when FP told us that he wouldn't be returning to the Serpents.

"It's not the things I want for my family. Now that we can grow together, we're gonna do it right," My eyes widened as I looked at him, unsure of how to react. Betty and Jughead both quietly protested, vocalizing what I couldn't bring to fruition.

"What are you going to do with all of your free time, then?" Mrs Cooper pressed.

"I saw the sign that Pop Tate is hiring, I might ask him if I can pick up a few shifts. I'm going to work and help my family,"

As shocked as I was, FP was really trying to be a good person. I really was utterly floored. I guess prison really did change him.

"How long until you start drinking again, then? That will take-"

"Piss off Alice," I cut her off angrily and FP set a hand on mine, reassuring me it was alright.

"I'm in AA," FP spoke to Alice quietly, trying not to disrupt the surrounding tables. "I started in jail and I don't plan on stopping."

Alice was defeated. Giving her a triumphant smirk, I squeezed FP's hand before taking me free one to bite a french fry. I wouldn't let FP just abandon the Serpents, but maybe we could all be safer. Maybe this was all going to get better.

Later that day, the three of us ended up at a secluded part of Sweetwater River, where we got to just talk.

"Things got ugly while you were gone," Jughead spoke. "Madison did her best, and was pretty successful at keeping it from falling apart, but we kept trying to figure out what you would do if it was you."

FP looked between me and Jughead before sighing, "Penny didn't give you two any trouble, right?"

"We did a job. It was a one time thing," Jughead said and I internally cringed.

Shit.

"What kind of job?" FP asked, looking at me.

"I didn't ask questions," I spoke slowly, "but we're all squared away. It's taken care of."

Sighing, FP ran a hand down his face, "When I was sixteen, my dad kicked me out and told me to go to hell. I joined the Serpents. Then, the army, then back again. I don't want that life, for either of you. Jug, I want you to go to college and forget about this godforsaken place. Madison, your career is just beginning."

I looked at the ground. FP wanted to protect us, but he had no idea how far in we were.

"I ran the gauntlet. I fought the Serpents, and for them. Maddy did the same. She offered counsel to the Serpents, and became a leader." Jughead spoke.

"We want to stay," I spoke for the both of us, setting my hand on FP's shoulder, with a reassuring squeeze. "But we need your blessing."

"You need to promise me you'll keep writing," FP spoke to Jughead, seriousness in his eyes.

"I promise. I do, every day."

It's true, he did. I would see that boy holed up at two in the morning, writing furiously on his laptop. It was his escape. He'd never stop.

"Angel," FP said to me, "never stop making art,"

"Never," I spoke truthfully.

As long as I get to be with you.