Panic rushed through me as I quickly started rubbing his sole and palms one by one. I was really inexperienced in these things which is why it was making me more scared.

Silently praying for his quick recovery, I kept on rubbing but nothing was working. Rushing beside him, I knelt down, cupping his face, I called him "Mr.Grey Eyes" but he didn't responded. I called him twice but he only stirred. Almost banging my head on the bedside table, I was about to call Laila and Jess when his cell went off!!

Taking his cell in my hand, I looked at the caller id, it flashed Mom! Not even thinking for once I quickly slid through the right.

"Ashar, beta, why didn't you called me at our usual time? It was your turn to call me today!!" A very soft and sweet voice spoked through the other end.

"You alright, child? Why aren't you speaking?" Patience evident in her voice.

Chewing my lips, I said, "Salaam"

"Walekumasalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu"

"Umm..Aunty..-" I kept on fidgeting with my watch.

"Laiba, right?" She asked.

"Yes." I said slowly.

"How dare you even speak to me? Who gave you the right to pick up my call?" I almost flinched at her tone.

"Aunty-"

"Just, stop! How come you even touch his cell? God!! Now, I've to give him a new cell." She said and I looked at him.

"Where's my Ashar? Tell me, what have you done to him?" I gulped at her question.

Should I tell her?
She'll start worrying about him...
Why to worry her?
But she needs to know...
It's her right!!

Maybe she can help me with some homely tips.

Flushing down all the negative thoughts immediately from my mind, I squeaked, clearing my throat, I spoke again, "Aunty, umm...he's actually not well, he's sleeping." I chewed my lips as the answer rolled out of my tongue.

"Not well? What do you mean? What have you done to my Son? I knew that a girl like you can only bring doom in anyone's life but for once you could have think before using your ominous power on him! Do you even think of him as your husband?"

"Nothing to worry about, he's just having high fever!!" I spoke softly, unsure that how she's gonna react.

There was a long pause before she spoke, "since when?"

"I also don't know the details-"

"Yeah, how come anyone expect anything from you to know other than when it comes to money!!"

"-all I got to know from Faiz was that he wasn't eating or sleeping properly and then suddenly from today evening his body was burning. Faiz, took him to the hospital and the doctors said it's just a viral fever." I said.

"What do you mean by not eating? Don't you cook for him? What do you even do at home since morning to evening? Forget it, Why am I even asking you all this!! How's he now? Does he still have fever?" She asked.

"102°" I replied back, wiping away my tears.

I could easily hear a long sigh from the other end before she spoke again, "His fever won't go down this easily. Just do as I say"