pancake breakfasts (tom holland)

Start from the beginning

you had never really noticed but his eyebrow had this thing where is kinda swooped up. you don't know why but you found it kind of cute in the moment. you were so close to him that you could notice small details of his face.

the bridge in his nose from breaking it so many times. the small scar on his chin from his brothers and him roughhousing, his unusually small but very adorable lips, and the specs of joy in his hazel eyes. you couldn't help but just start to smile at him.

it had felt like light years of you being that close to him. being as drunk as you were, you sorta started to lean in to kiss him.

but he pulled back and started stammering.

"fuck, i'm-im sorry i-" you started saying, backing up a little bit.

"no, it's okay. really i-"

but you had already started walking away. back to the bar to down the entire rest of your beer. you can't believe you just did that.

not even because you're best friends, you both had kissed before it's not like it's weird.

it's because you sorta had feelings for him in way that wasn't just best friends. you wanted more than just friends.

you wanted pancake breakfasts after a sleep over, you wanted to cuddle while watching scary movies, for him to cuddle you even tighter during the scary parts, you wanted goodbye and hello kisses.

you wanted to go on cute dates to the cinema, having a waitress know your order at a small diner, going to the beach at sunset with him, and just be a couple.

you wanted a relationship with him.

tom just wanted to be friends. which is fine. it's perfectly fine.

you got back to the bar after what felt like ages and grabbed your beer and chugged it hard. tom had followed close behind you and began speaking.

he was speaking but you couldn't hear any of the words he was saying. it was like he was mouthing his words. you went to speak and all that came out was stutters and nothingness.

you began to look around, your vision was hazy and very unsteady but you could see the guy from before at the other end of the bar, he was watching you.

you looked back to your drink and then back to tom who had noticed something was wrong.

taking in a deep breath, you tried to take a few steps but fell to your knees. you could hear tom yell your name and try and help you up.

after a while everything just went black.

**

you let out a deep groan and opened your eyes.

your head was pounding but you were back in toms apartment, laying in his bed.

you looked over and he was no where to be found, you looked to the bed side table and saw a bottle of water and motrin.

you smiled at how sweet he was. you took three motrin and downed the water bottle.

it took everything in you to move but once you did you were fine.

somehow you were now wearing an over sized t shirt and baggy sweat pants. you shook your head, not caring and went downstairs.

you saw tom in the kitchen and he was cooking.

he was making pancakes.

"hi," you said softly, squinting your eyes at the bright lights in his apartment.

"oh my gosh, hi," tom gasped, coming around the island and giving you a hug. to which you returned. "are you okay? how do you feel? did you take the motrin? i hope you don't mind i got you-"

"tom i'm fine, yes i took the motrin. thank you," he smiled back at you.

"good," he took your hand and brought you to the chair at the island and sat you down and he returned to making pancakes.

"what, uh, what happened last night?" you asked. maybe you could play it off like you didn't remember trying to kiss him, maybe he doesn't even remember he was quite drunk too.

"some asshole drugged your drink, the bartender went back and looked at the films. after you passed out they arrested him,"

"holy shit-"

"you really scared me," he said to you, looking up from the pancakes and starring directly at you. "i thought you were gonna, well, uh, die."

"i didn't, i'm okay."

"i know, and i'm thanking every god on the world for that," he sighed.

you decided to just come clean. "i'm sorry that i tried to kiss you, i was just really drunk-"

"you only did it because you were drunk?" he interrupted you quickly.

"y-yeah," you looked down, playing with your hands.

"oh,"

there was a little silence after that. you didn't want to come clean with everything just yet. he doesn't need to know about your weird crush on him.

"why're you, uh, making pancakes?"

he smirked, "because when we got home last night and i put you in bed you kept mumbling in your sleep that you wanted a pancake breakfast after a sleepover."

you laughed along with him.

"you also said that you wanted to cuddle watching scary movies, goodbye and hello kisses, dates to the cinema. you just kinda kept talking," he was fully smirking now, but only looking at the pancakes he was making.

you were utterly horrified. you kept your stare down at your hands, popping your fingers and playing with them, not sure what else to do.

he said your name and you looked up. "i pulled back last night because i was scared you were just doing it because you were drunk."

"what?"

"i didn't want to kiss you only to find out you just did it because you were drunk. i would want it to mean something.." he trailed off.

he flipped a pancake and slowly looked up at you.

he had the cutest puppy dog eyes there could ever be.

"you're right, it- it wouldn't have meant anything to me last night," he looked down, almost hurt. you got up off your chair and went next to him.

you tugged on the sides of his shirt, pulling him closer to you, reaching up you cupped his cheek. "but it means something now." you leaned up a tiny bit and kissed him.

he didn't even have to think about kissing you back, he just did it. he wrapped his arm around your back, pulling you closer- if that was even possible- and dropped the spatula on the counter with his other hand which he placed on your cheek as well.

"can i tell you something?" he asked pulling away, you nodded. "i wasted so many years by not telling you how i felt, because i think you felt the exact same  way, the entire time."

"we're really stupid, aren't we?" you both laughed and you kissed him again.