003 !

prompt; "i won't let you." #10 on the angst list.

character; dwight k. schrute

warnings; drug use, all characters are 21+.

requested; yes, gxmmyslut

notes; lowercase is intended, italic is interviews.

you looked up from your work to see dwight speaking happily to angela

you looked up from your work to see dwight speaking happily to angela. your boyfriend, speaking to his ex-girlfriend. who he happened to have a habit of cheating on people for. now his hand was running down her bare arm, making her giggle. deciding that you had seen enough, you grabbed your lunch and the pack of cigarettes you smoked when you were stressed. walking out of the office, your heels clicked against the floor, making dwight look up.

"excuse me for a second." he excused himself from the conversation, following you from a distance. the asphalt of the parking lot was dark gray, saturated with rain from the previous days. you set down your lunch on the top of your car and pulled the pack of cigarettes from your pocket. removing your lighter from inside your car, you lit the cigarette. taking a long drag, you held the smoke inside of you for a moment and let it out. dwight walked it of the office building, finding you by your car. as he approached you, you took an extra long drag.

"you know you're not allowed to smoke on these grounds." dwight commented. you scoffed slightly, making smoke drift out of your mouth. "don't tell me you've become like ryan."

"at least ryan is a nice guy." dwight scoffed just as you did earlier, crossing his arms.

"what did you just say?" he asked, knowing damn well that he head heard you.

"you heard me." you snapped, holding your cigarette between your fingers. "at the fucking least he doesn't flirt openly with his ex in front of kelly. at least he doesn't let some chick from his office get into his pants at every chance."

"excuse me, that is no way to address your superior and frankly, no way to address your boyfriend." dwight argued, tapping an annoyed foot on the floor.

"and frankly, that's no way to address your ex-girlfriend." you retorted, before clenching your teeth and coming to a decision. "you know what we're through. go be with angela for all i care."

dwight scrunched his eyebrows.

"no, you can't do this!" dwight reached for your hands, but you pulled away. "please, monkey!"

"that's exactly what you called her." you spat as you grabbed your lunch and walked away, not before throwing your cigarette on the ground and crushing it with the toe of your shoe.

☆~____♡____~☆

as the day ended, you found yourself standing near pam's desk.

"i mean, jim never treated me like that and look how happy we are now! maybe it was for the best." pam comforted you, her placid hand on your shoulder.

"yeah, maybe." dwight was gazing lazily at you, chewing on the end of his pen. ryan walked to pam's desk motioning for her to stop talking.

"so, a little birdie just told me that you ended it with dwight." wiping your watering eyes, you nodded in agreement. "me and a couple of my friends are gonna go get some drinks tonight, you wanna come with?"

dwight stood up abruptly in surprise, making the entire office turn to him. he waved his hand, dismissing it and everyone went back to their work.

you looked over at dwight, glaring at him.

"yeah, for sure." you answered. ryan chuckled, flipping out his phone.

"hey, did you wanna give me your number?" ryan asked, making you nod and recite your number.

dwight growled, tapping the 'g' key on his computer repeatedly.

☆____♡____☆

dwight, by some act of the gods, had found out which bar you were going to. so, there he was, sitting at the bar and sadly looking into his glass of water.

meanwhile, you and ryan were sitting across the bar talking excitedly about something that dwight didn't understand.

you laughed, covering your mouth with your hand. dwight made a low rumbling sound in the back of his throat. he was the only one who should have been making you laugh.

ryan's hand was running down your arm now, his white teeth showing as he smiled.

when the two of you walked out of the building, dwight walked (not-so- inconspicusouly) out of the bar, running to spot you by your car. kissing ryan. your small hands were wrapped around his neck, your lips pressed taut against ryan's. as he watched you pull away, dwight clenched his knuckles until the skin was white.

you waved at him dreamily, smiling widely. when you felt someone turn you around harshly, you immediately cocked your fist, preparing for the fight of your life. when your eyes ran over the farmilliar glasses-frames of dwight's stupid glasses that made him look so cute.

"what the hell, dwight?!" you nearly screamed, dropping your purse. when dwight aggressively grabbed your face, you realized.

"i'm won't let you. i won't let you date some idiotic temp." dwight was livid, his eyes gleaming dangerously.

"i still fucking love you, dwight! i just wanted you to stop flirting with angela!" you screamed, tears rolling down your face on to dwight's large hands.

"i will monkey, promise." the farmer's hands shook, never having seen you cry before. as he pulled you in to a tight hug, your salty tears staining his shirt.

"i promise."