001 {toby flenderson}

" smile , before i go away

" smile , before i go away. "

{female reader, au where toby never left.}

☆~____♡____~☆

"Oh, my God." You sighed, looking over at Toby, your now ex-boyfriend. Apparently, he was quitting.

"Listen, it's nothing against you. I love you, but," You glared.

"If you loved me, you would stay here!" You sighed, typing one last thing into your sales report before grabbing your lunch from the bag beside your table. Watching you dip into your food, Toby muttered something before walking away. 

"I'll call you." You looked over as his replacement, Holly, walked in about a half hour later. She seemed decent and very pretty. Toby walked her around, introducing her to everyone. 

"This is, uh," Toby stuttered. "(Y/N). She's one of the accountants here."

"Hi, Holly!" You smiled, putting out your hand for her to shake. "Nice to meet you!" 

"Well," Holly took your hand and shook it. "It is very nice to meet you too!"

Maybe life without Toby wouldn't be so horrible after all. 

🎈~____❤____~🎈

"God," Toby put his head in his hands. "I just don't know what to do without her."

"It must be so hard," You rubbed his back, "Losing someone like that."

"Yeah." He muttered. Your hand flew to his thin, auburn hair. Toby hummed contentedly at the feeling of your hands massaging his scalp, leaning into your touch.

"Thanks, (Y/N), for listening and everything." You stared at his sad eyes. He stared into your (E/C) eyes, smiling sadly. 

"No need."  You sighed, sadly, knowing he would never date you. After all, he had just gotten out of a divorce. You impulsively pressed your lips to his, both of your hands speeding to his cheeks. After a moment of intense doubt, he kissed back. Toby's hands tangled themselves in your hair as his tongue skimmed across your lips. You pulled away for a minute. 

"No," You muttered against his lips, rubbing little circles into the back of his neck. "You just got out of a divorce,"

"Yes," Toby said, "I love you."

"I love you." His lips pressed to yours.

🎈~____❤____~🎈

"Please, just talk to me, baby," Toby pleaded. 

"I did," You said, turning around aggressively. Toby looked at you lovingly, stepping forward and placing his hands on your face. 

"You," Toby put his lips near to yours. "Were there for me. I want to be there for you."

You kissed him passionately, mumbling into the kiss. You pulled away after a minute, the coldness of the wind outside making you shiver. 

"No, I won't go." He mumbled, brushing your hair with his hands. 

"No, you've already-" He kissed you again.

"I'm staying."

"Damn it!" Micheal screamed. He must've overheard. 

"God dammit!"