Chapter 5 // Pancakes

After Kyle had put Lori to bed, and checked on Lucas, he was walking down the stairs, when he glanced at the kitchen and didn't see Lena and Alex. He frowned and quickly looked at the living room, he sighed when he saw them sitting there with an awkward silence. He tried to casually walk towards them, but he knew he had to make sure Alex wasn't going to harm Lena. So he walked a bit faster, grabbing the attention from both Lena and Alex. And with that he sat down beside Lena.

"So..." Was all he got out, he didn't know what to say. But luckily Alex started talking.

"How long have you two been together?"

Kyle looked at Lena who gave him a small nod with that he said "Almost five years, like a couple days from five, five years," Alex slowly nodded, her mouth falling open. But it was the truth because it was exactly six days from five years. 

"So- before everything with Lex happened?" Kyle nodded "That's why you had to leave." Kyle nodded again. "Why did you keep it a secret?"

Kyle glanced at Lena who spoke up "We wanted some privacy- and I already knew there was something going on with Lex- so we did it to keep ourselves and the children safe." Alex nodded again, and with that she stood up.

She looked at Kyle, almost broken and said "How could you have kept it from me?

 Kyle gulped his saliva down and honestly answered "I don't want them to get hurt, Alex. They are a part of my family, and I would do anything for them." Alex slowly nodded but took a step back.

"Does Cat know?" Kyle nodded "Carter?" Kyle nodded again, since they had been on vacation once. "Clark?" Kyle nodded, he had told Clark the minute he had met Lena. "I-I need to leave." With that Alex almost fled the penthouse. Kyle glanced at Lena, who just pulled him closer. She knew full well what was about to come, a crying Kyle.

And it was the truth, Kyle slowly but surely started to cry, feeling broken since his sister hadn't accepted his family. Since the woman hadn't accepted what mattered most to him. When Kyle finally relaxed he fell asleep, it wasn't the best place to fall asleep. But he was just too tired to function.

~~~~~~~~

Kyle was woken in the morning of the sound of a baby wailing, he tiredly rubbed his eyes and looked around. He was on the couch, alone, so it was good that Lena had gone to bed. With that he stood up and went to his little boy's bedroom. When he opened the door he had to cover his ears a little since the sound coming from Lucas was quite loud. He quickly went up to the boy and smelled what the problem was. A diaper change was needed. He picked the boy up and shushed him.

Many minutes and a burp later, Lucas was in his crib again and Kyle glanced at the time five A.M. he groaned and with that he  walked to his bedroom, ready to dive into bed again. A smile played on his lips when he saw Lena clutching a pillow to her chest, probably since she missed him next to her. With that he quickly slipped out of his clothes, grabbed his pyjamas and changed. 

With a content sigh he let himself down on the bed. Within seconds Lena moved and pushed the pillow out of the way when the pillow was finally far away enough for sleeping Lena she clung unto Kyle and held him close. With the steady rhythm of Lena's heartbeat Kyle let himself fall to sleep, hoping he could sleep a couple hours more since it was the weekend.

~~~~~~~~

Kyle slowly opened his eyes, he was tired- but not as tired as before. When he glanced down he saw his wife sleeping on his chest, he smiled since it was great to see that she was home- that they were finally together again. Kyle moved a hand down and slowly started to play with the sleeping woman's hair.

When the door opened Kyle quickly whispered "Come Lori, but silent please, mommy needs to sleep," He held out his arm, to indicate the little girl could lay there. The little girl was there within seconds, she laid beside her father, who had pulled her closer in a hushed tone Kyle said "So, what are we going to make for breakfast later?"

The little girl completely lit up, and started to whisper all the different kind of pancakes. In the end, about half an hour later, Kyle moved Lena a little, giving her a pillow instead of his body, and with that he grabs his little girl, making her giggle all the way, he carried her high in the air while walking to the kitchen.

He put his little girl down on the kitchen island when they were in the kitchen. He quickly grabbed all the stuff and asked over his shoulder "Banana and chocolate pancakes?" His little girl nodded excitedly and with that he grabbed everything for vegan banana chocolate pancakes, knowing full well his wife wanted for him to eat a bit healthy.

He walked up to the sink and grabbed step-up stool and placed it down at the mixer. He walked to his little girl, who was eyeing him, and put her down on the ground. With a smile he said "Want to help me, angel?" She excitedly nodded, so Kyle said "Go stand on the step-up stool so you can help me," With that his little girl rushed towards the step-up stool which made Kyle yell "No running!"With that Lori slowed down.

With a chuckle he walked to the mixer and with that they, together as daughter and father, made vegan banana and chocolate pancakes, they even had prepared a tray that Lori and Kyle brought up to Lena. Who happily enjoyed her first breakfast in bed in her permanent home, with her whole family.