Enter Mysterio

Images and voices were blurring together, faster than he could comprehend. Images of Tony, Ben, May, all put in harm's way because of him. He saw himself, homemade sweatsuit clinging to his skin, terror filling him as the image of villains past circled around him, Adrian Tooms' voice echoing "It's time to go home, Pete." The skyline of Manhattan loomed over him, surrounding him and narrowing his view. He saw flashes of green smoke, saw the way Mysterio would fade in and out of his armor, in and out of reality.

He saw you, feet struggling to find ground as Mysterio held you up by your neck, "If you cared about her, you wouldn't put her in danger," Beck's cold voice echoed in his head, and Peter shook himself.

"She's not real! This isn't real," Peter cried out, looking as wind whipped around your hair and you looked back at Peter with terror in your eyes.

"Peter what's going on?" You asked as you clawed at Beck's hands and Mysterio tilted his head to the side before he dropped you, evil laughter ringing out as Peter dove after you, helpless to save you.

Your scream ripped through the air as Peter called out your name, his own voice breaking from the scream.

"I don't think you know what's real, Peter," his voice said cooly.

He was half conscious, mind replaying the images he'd been shown, been made to believe were real when two men pulled his broken and bleeding body from the train. He registered he was moving, knew he had to fight it, knew he needed to get back- but back to where?

"I don't, I don't know," he said groggily as pain shot through his ribs. He recoiled into himself as the men carried him, as if he were a child hoping it would take the pain away. "What's... What's real?"

His groggy voice fumbled over the words messily before his head slumped forwards and the two police officers carrying him looked at each other concerned.

Even in deep sleep he couldn't escape the illusions, the nightmares planted into his head. His brain was trying to process fiction from reality, illusion from fact.

Fact: Quinten Beck is Mysterio

Fact: The Elementals are not real

Fact: Peter Parker handed over the world's most dangerous weapons to the world's most dangerous villain.

Fact: Tony Stark will never crawl out of his grave

Fact: Mysterio knows who you are and just how important you are to Peter

Fact: Mysterio did not drop you from the top of the Eiffel Tower

Fact: Voices around him we're growing louder

Wake up, Peter.

It was his voice, his own voice saying the words. He needed to open his eyes, needed to get back on his feet. You were in danger, Ned was in danger- wake up. Wake up-

But the voice was twisted, mingling in on his own, deeper and crueler than his own. Tingles shot down his spine as the words formed, taking shape in Mysterio's figure and cunning way.

Wake up, Peter. You need to wake up!

Peter's eyes opened quickly, heart racing, his brain processing enough to allow him to finally open his eyes again. Bright sunlight poured in through the window, blinding Peter. He felt his head resting on someone's shoulder, and a heavy weighted material draped over his chest.

Four men surrounded him, all staring wide eyed as Peter stood. "Um.. where- where am I?"

He was surprised when smooth, perfectly spoken English spilled from their lips, all of them smiling as they waited for his reaction. "I'm in the Netherlands?!"