Chapter 5

I'm sooo sorry for late updates! School has been absolutely hectic. >~<

I sat for what felt like forever, but it was probably only a few minutes. So, naturally, I decide to ignore what X6 said and wonder around.

There are plenty of terminals. That's about it, not much to find. "Hello?" I freeze. X6? No, sounds nothing like him.

"Is someone present." My heart rate speeds up, so much in fact I'm scared the synths will hear it.

"Come on X6, come back." I whisper, desperately looking for a hiding spot since I'm sort of in the open.

I sneak my way around some corners, go up some stairs and end up at a door, there's light coming from the other side. "I can hear you." The synthetic voices call from somewhere behind me.

I take a deep breath in and scream when a laser beam just misses my head and hits the door. Quickly I open the door and slam it shut behind me. "Phew.. maybe." I turn around slowly as I hear some small gasps.

I smile awkwardly at the institute scientists. "Hi umm, my name is (Y/n)! I'm kinda new here." They continue to stare and the door behind me gets kicked down, I land hard on the floor from the impact.

"Found you." They say. I pathetically cover my head. This is it. This is the end of (Y/n) (L/n). But, obviously my hero of the day shows up.

Wires snapping, crashing and gun shots are heard from behind me. The scientists scream and some beams hit a couple of them. Killing them straight away.

"FUCK (Y/n)!" X6 screams as he kills the last synth. "I'm sorry! I got bored." I shrug, getting myself up off the floor. X6 storms up to me.

"You're 'getting bored' almost caused your life and the scientists!" He growls as he hits the barrel of his gun across my chest a couple of times. I look over at the bodies.

"I.. I'm a raider okay? Well kinda. I don't care, especially since they were part of the institute." X6, rubs his temples. "More synths and coursers are going to be sent up here, thanks to you. And you're going to die, you hear me?" I feel all life drain out of me there and then.

"So after all that you're just going to leave me to die? Why?" I say softly, trying to sound innocent. "Yes, you obviously don't want or care for my help." He turns to walk away, but stops for a moment.

"Screw it, put these on." He throws me some kind of institute hazmat suit? "It'll cover your face, tell then they went through the relay. Then get the hell out, press that button." I find he button and look back at him, but he's gone.

"You've got to be kidding me."