1

The blue neon sign behind you hummed steadily as you continued to wipe down the bar top, making the mahogany top shine in the dim lighting of the bar. It was slow now, but it was only 10am. Give it an hour or two and you would have your usual lunch rush of CEO's and hot shot lawyers. The perks of working in the wealthier part of the city.
Most of the men and women that came into the bar you recognized and knew by name. Though during the evening rush, usually on the weekends, people you didn't know would wander in and no matter who they were or where they came from you treated everyone equally.
You had been kneeling behind the bar well when the chime above the door alerted you that someone had entered. Standing up the first thing you notice was the man's broad shoulders.
"Morning? I think it's still morning." He stated as he walked up to the bar. Bright blues stared straight into you as he slowly put his sunglasses away, the corner of his mouth pulled to the side.
"Yes, it is." You smiled back, tossing the cleaning rag onto your shoulder as he leaned against the count. "New to the area?"
"Do I give off that vibe?" He chuckled lightly.
"Anybody before 6 pm I know, mind if I guess your drink?" You asked, it was game you played with most new comers and you had gotten pretty good at it in the last five years. His eyes narrowed a bit as he raised his an eyebrows. "I lose, you get a free drink."
"I'm game." He smirked, his gaze following you intently.
You walked around the end of the bar to get a better look at him. Standing a couple feet away you started to make your observations, as side from the physical ones like his height.
    The black long sleeve shirt he wore was perfectly tailored to fit him, it screamed look and notice me. Not the usual cotton types that lawyers that came would wear, no it had the shine that silk or satin usually held. You could tell that his skin was tan, not just because of his face but you could see part of his chest as the first couple of buttons were undone.
He had his left hand in the pocket of his dark grey slacks that were perfectly pressed, much like the CEO's who frequented the bar. The material looked different though, it was smoother and sleaker. So far you had already ruled out the professions that didn't bring in enough to warrant the higher priced threads he was wearing. Just his shirt alone ruled out blue collar workers, people who usually just barely had enough at the end of their check to for a drink.
You looked at his black dress shoes, he had his feet slightly crossed as he leaned against the bar watching you. The soles were scuffed, and well worn, though the leather on the top still held firm and had their luster, looking almost new. No doubt true Italian leather. All in all the man was put together nicely and everything about him, said notice me, including the brilliant white smile surrounded by the five o clock stubble he had on his face. Scratch notice me, more like yelled it.
The man's hair was neatly trimmed but something about him still said not a lawyer, or CEO, and way to young for a judge. You walked back behind the bar, ignoring the well drinks and went straight for the top shelf. He was high roller, someone who liked to flaunt their money, and so like the others that meant the expensive liquor. You between the bottles up top, pressing your fingers to lips.
"Sure are deep in thought." He spoke behind you, his voice smooth on your ears.
"Top shelf whiskey." You grasped the bottom and turned to face him. Gently you set the bottle down, the amber contents swishing gently inside. "Now I just have to guess if you like it neat, or with Coke."
"So far, I'm slightly impressed." He smiled genuinely, as leaning into the bar, placing his right hand on the top. Fingers perfectly manicured, his skin looked soft to the touch.
No watch, you didn't remember seeing one on the other side, not that you could of seen his wrist since his sleeve was touching his pocket. But you also hadn't noticed the outline of one either, which meant time had no meaning to him.
"You like it with ice and just a slash of coke." You stated, grabbing a frosted glass from under the counter.
"You are good. So can you break down the science of that?" He asked, as he watched you pour him a drink.
"I've been here five years, and this is a more lucrative part of the city. I have a lot of people come in that earn six figures or better, I know what the type looks like." You smiled as you slid the drink forward.
"And what type do I look like?" He questioned taking a sip.
"Well, you aren't someone who has to worry about being on a schedule. Your lack of a watch tells me that. So there goes CEO's, lawyers, Wall Street men. But you do have money, your shoes alone cost a couple hundred if not a grand easily. So either someone living off an inheritance, an influencer, possible agent for actors or musicians." You shrugged.
"Interesting, if you had to take a guess?" He asked you.
    "Probably influencer." You shrugged.
    "Close, I guess. My dad runs some oil riggers down south and my mom runs A list hotels. Thinking about opening an upscale lounge around here." He told you, raising his eyebrow as he gauged your reaction.
"Socialite, don't think I've had too many of those come by. So what brings you here?" You asked, crossing you forearms on the bar and leaned forward a bit.
"Looking to branch out, a couple of my buddies says this is one of the best bars in the city, and if I was lucky the lady that works there will guess your drink." He winked.
"I hate it that they know me so well." You laughed light as you stuck your hand out. "I'm y/n."
"Bucky Barnes." He smirked as he took your hand and shook it.
"Nice to meet you Bucky. Odd name, a little old fashioned."
"It's nick name coming from my middle name." He explained with shrug, looking around the bar for the first time. "My first is really common and some of my buddies suggested that I should use something original, so Bucky it became."
    "Yeah? And what's your first name?" You asked him, he looked at you from the corner of his eye as he took a sip of his drink.
    "That's secret." He winked.
    "Ahh, I see how ya are. I guessed your drink what makes you think I can't guess your name or google you for that matter?" You quipped back.
    "Cause you seem like the type that likes a game." He smirk again.
    "Fine." You pouted fakely. "Keep your secrets mister Barnes."
    The door chimed again, two of your Wall Street regulars came in loudly laughing as they took their usual spot. You turned on your heel and grabbed the grey goose vodka.
    "Vodka Tonics." You replied as Bucky looked back to you after looking the two men over. He nodded as he finished his drink, setting the glass on the bar as you took the drinks over to the table.
"See ya around y/n." Bucky called out as he left.