𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

Start from the beginning

"What is it?"
Dr.Brenner asked, noticing his assistant's anxious face as he held his clipboard, pointing through the glass of the control room to see the hazmat men that had entered the gate returned without the items that Brenner had ordered them to retrieve.

Instead, the hazmat men returned with two people that looked oddly familiar as they stood with their hands cuffed behind their backs, their faces dirtied and their ragged clothes looked to be Russian uniforms covered in a grimy slime.
Brenner watched as the lab security guards escorted the two people through the lab and towards the interrogation office downstairs, making Brenner unusually nervous at the fact that these newcomers looked so familiar.

  He left his assistant to follow him closely at his heels, leading him to the elevator and down to the interrogation room, passing the security guards that stood by the heavy red metal door.

  And as soon as Brenner swung the door open to reveal the father and daughter sitting handcuffed at the gray table in the room, his breath hitched for he knew exactly why they looked so familiar.

  Hopper and Y/N.

| O n e  M o n t h  L a t e r |

D e c e m b e r  22nd, 1986

The lab was a rapidly approaching succession, with the lab men proudly reporting the stats on their findings in the Upside Down.
They retrieved few creature eggs from the Upside Down, and successfully raised them to their demogorgon stage of maturity, harboring the monsters in cages—ready to be fed the prisoners that were being kept by the lab as livestock for the monsters.

The lab had accumulated prisoners from trying to penetrate the lab, including two important prisoners—Hopper and Y/N.

"Ser, seychas vremya kormleniya. Kakiye konkretnyye zaklyuchennyye vy by khoteli otpravit' v kletki dlya kormleniya?"
The assistant asked his boss who was recording important data onto his record sheets.
Brenner thought for a moment, pausing his hand from writing and looked up at his Russian assistant.

"Not the Americans."
Brenner stayed simply, returning his attention to his work as he listened to his assistant speak through a radio earpiece to the guards downstairs.

The two Russian guards downstairs walked along the grated pathway to the prison cells, one of them stopping by a cell—about to open it before the other guard stopped him.

"Ne amerikantsy—.."

Not the Americans, the guard told his partner, but the other guard had already unlocked the door by accident, hearing the two prisoners inside the cell burst through the door, tackling the guards in a choke hold before making them pass out.

The two escapees—Hopper and Y/N— grabbed a hold of the guards' key cards and their guns, running towards the elevator down the gated hall that the guards had used to get down here, using the key cards to unlock it and allow them to be carried to the upper floors.

They had been planning this escape for the whole month they've been imprisoned here.

As soon the elevator door opened, the hallway leading to the radio signal room used to communicate with other countries was being guarded by other guards—that was, until Hopper yelled as he quickly used the stolen shotgun and killed all of them, hearing the bodies slump the the polished floor.