Chapter 15

"Daughter? You have a daughter?" He questioned, starting to look uncomfortable.

"That is what I said," I laughed nervously.

"But you're not married."

"Stage name, can't go changing it when I'm already known."

"But you were a ballerina before this, and not well known, how young is your daughter?"

"Not that old." I said, pausing in-between each word. Though Raoul couldn't hear it, I could hear Erik laughing nervously with me, slightly mocking me for my terrible lying skills. I know he's watching and I have no clue as to how we are going to approach this. We've only known were soulmates for one day, not even, and now I'm making false lies that we have children. Not to mention, if he asks to see this child, I don't have one to show him.

"So you danced while pregnant," I think he knows I'm lying.

"Of course not, that would put me in danger."

"How did you not get let go then, I thought that when you got married they let the young women go, especially when they got pregnant."

"I wasn't pregnant, we adopted." I should get him out of here before it's too late, this has gone on for too long. I am surprised, however, how fast I'm able to come up with these lies, probably explains why they're so terrible.

"What does he do?" Finally, something I don't have to lie to say.

"Musician."

"How did you meet?"

"I work with musicians for a living."

"So he works here, then."

"Uh, no, I met him for my lessons."

"So you just knew, since you weren't eighteen yet."

"Yes and no, it was the stereotypical that I liked him yes, but it was really when I had something on my face as did he." There was an awkward pause, and I was hoping he would leave, having all the answers that he wanted from me. If he tried to match them somewhere, it wouldn't add up at all, but hopefully he won't. Though he probably will, thinking that I'm making excuses to get him off me.

Honestly, if Raoul was my soulmate, I wouldn't have been disappointed. I won't deny that he is a great looking man, and probably wouldn't have been as pestery if I hadn't already been destined for someone else.

"I should go, but we should still have dinner sometime, to catch up." He said, walking towards the door. My shoulders relaxed, knowing that I won't dig myself any deeper into this grave.

"Definitely, I'd love to catch up with my old best friend, I'll send you a letter when I'm free, though it is always busy here. After the season is over most likely." I really would like to meet up with him, be free for just one night and not be stuck in this place.

"Till next time." He said opening the door, "Little Lotte." Then he was gone. I truly hate that name, it reminds me of my father, and of when we were kids, not that that was a bad time in my life.

I let out a large breath, slumping down onto my bed, head in my hand resting on my knees. I heard the creak of the mirror open, then there were feet in on the floor in front of me. I looked up at him, unable to read his face, but his eyes showed slight amusement, which made me calm also.

"Has anybody ever told you that you're a terrible liar?" Erik said, sitting down next to me on the bed.

"What was I supposed to say to get him off my back? That boy is persistent."

"I don't know, something like 'he's waiting outside' or 'stuck in the crowd probably.' You could have said I was milking the cows, it would have been a better lie than we have a child."