Emmett looked at me, I didn't know what to make of his expression. Longing? Sadness? Remorse?

"I-I-" He stumbled on his words. I couldn't help but relate. I didn't know what I would say if I had the chance to talk to him either.

But that didn't justify him. I immediately noticed that Rosalie wasn't with the party. I didn't let myself believe that it was because he wasn't with her anymore. It was most likely because she just didn't want to come. It is no secret that I'm not her favourite person in this world.

"I'm sorry, did you forget how to speak?" Alec asked.

Emmett shot him a glare but he didn't do anything else, he looked back at me and his face softened.

"No, I'm not romantically involved with Sophie." He responded.

I don't know why those words made my heart drop. I guess that's all I had been wanting to hear. I needed the closure and I was finally getting it.

"Well, if that's that-" Demetri started.

"I'm not done." Emmett growled.

"You just said that you're not romantically involved with her, that's all we need to know. You have no right to claim her." Alec spoke sternly. A tone I had never heard him use.

"She's not an object." Emmett growled. "I'm not here to claim her." He looked at me with that same conflicted expression. "I'm here to apologise." He let out.

He looked so distressed.

"I'm here to say that I messed up, that I hurt her, that I broke her. I did so much wrong to her and I'm sorry. I thought I was doing the right thing for her but I was just being selfish because I didn't want to face how I felt about her."

Alec scoffed. "Are you done with your little performance?"

"You know what, maybe you should just shut up. This has nothing to do with you." Emmett snapped.

"Oh trust me, it does. More than you think."

I thought back to a few minutes earlier when I had my tongue down Alec's throat. I did feel bad but I don't really know why. I actually liked kissing Alec but then I saw Emmett and... I don't know... it felt wrong.

Emmett didn't say anything but there was a murderous look on his face.

I felt like this would go bad fast if I didn't step in.

I slipped my hand out of Alec's, he immediately spun around, looking... hurt.

I couldn't stand the look on his face so I just turned to look at Aro.

"Could I have a few minutes with the Cullens?" I asked him.

"Of course not." Jane snapped. "You're not actually thinking of going with them, are you?"

I looked back at the Cullens, all the familiar faces. Humans do tend to stick with what they know.

I then looked back at the Volturi, my mum, Jane, Heidi, Felix...  All people who had been welcoming and kind. And Alec... Alec.

He had made me forget about Emmett, about the pain, he had done all that without even realising it and now it seemed like something was just starting between us. Something that I think I might actually like a lot.

"I just want to talk to them." I spoke.

Jane still didn't seem happy but Aro smiled and nodded. "Of course, my dear. You are not a prisoner here. You can do as you please."

My mother reached forward and gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Come along, everyone." She told the group.