Chapter 8

It was quiet at the safe house. Tony and Nat came by two days after the chase.

"He got away. No one saw him after the base. We have no idea where he is." Nat said.

"Thor has thoroughly assured us he was, in fact, not blown to smithereens as Nick thought. You can breathe now."

I nodded.

"We get it, it's complicated. We're not going to begrudge you caring about your own flesh and blood, okay?" Tony said, rubbing my shoulder.

"Okay. Thank you, guys." I said.

"No problem kiddo." He said, smiling widely.

I offered only a short smile and sat on the couch.

Nat sat beside me. "I know, it's a lot. Right?"

I nodded slowly.

"I'm really sorry you're having to go through all of this. We just wanted to protect you." She said.

"I know. I just don't know what to do. Part of me doesn't want anything to do with him... but the other part does because he's my dad. And it kinda sounds like I'm all he has."

She nodded. "I know. It's not fair you have to go through this." She pulled me into a hug and held me.

"I just wish this could be over."

"It is." We all looked towards the voice. My bio-dad stood in the corner.

Tony powered up his suit.

"Please don't. I don't want her to watch you all get pummeled." His tongue darted out to wet his lips before he chuckled. "Did you really think I wasn't going to come for my daughter? She warned you, didn't she?" He said.

He had a lot more cuts on his face.

"You have two options. 1. I take her without you. 2. I stay with you and her and I will attempt to "reform" in order to stay with her." He said, running his tongue over a split lip at the end.

"What makes you think we don't just kick your butt and hide her?" Tony snapped.

"I recommend you forget that because I will not have my daughter taken again; and as we've seen I have no qualms against tearing you apart."

Natasha stepped in front of me.

"Tony?" She questioned.

"I'm thinking." He said.

"Think quickly, my patience is wearing remarkably thin," Loki warned.

"Why are you offering to reform?" Tony asked.

"Extra incentive. I get the feeling she'd prefer to stay with you all, and the reformation would be payment for letting me be with my daughter instead of in a cell."

Tony paused for a bit more. "Fine, but if you screw up even once you'll be back in a cell and so far away from Astrid so fast it'll make your head spin," Tony said.

"Fantastic. Shall we get her home?" He said.

"Sure. but no..."

We were all back in the tower.

"...Funny business." Tony finished.

"You should know by now that "funny business" is my speciality," Loki said, smirking.

Cap ran over. "What's he doing here?" He shouted.

"He's apparently reforming so he can stay with Astrid," Tony said.

Cap relaxed slightly. "I'm watching you." He warned before leaving.

"I'm gonna call Fury and update him," Natasha said, leaving me with Tony and my Bio Dad.