Doubts

Regulus was looking around the herbology section while his cousin and the others were at Hogsmeade. Draco tried to encourage him to come along, but he told them that he needed time for himself.

Irving and the others understood while Draco and his friends were slightly disappointed, but agreed and left him be. In truth, he was currently working on a potion that might help cure some different cancers, but he's having trouble on which ingredient to use in the next step.

He rubbed his neck before heading over to the potion section when he spotted Granger who was reading a rather large book. She and that Weasley boy have been bothering him about how he should be in Gryffindor and it was his duty to kill Riddle when he comes back.

What's more weird is that Weasley's little sister, Ginny has been stalking him or hangs around with him and his friends or when he goes to the library...which he finds it a bit creepy. Luckily, Nyla would transform anything she was holding into something gross or charm her hair into a different color that wouldn't change for several hours.

Regulus sighed, not wanting to deal with the annoying muggleborn, he was about to turn around when he heard Granger calling out to him.

"H – I mean, Regulus! What are you doing here?" asked Hermione. "I would have thought you were with your friends in Hogsmeade."

Regulus crossed his arms, "I'm not glued to my friends all the time, Granger. I do need some time of my own. What are you doing here?"

"Just getting some extra studying," replied Hermione, honestly. "Oh! Do you know anything about the First task yet?"

"...no, not yet," answered Regulus. "But I'll be ready. Back in Salem, in camp, they would arrange small task for us to solve...almost like this."

"But you used a riddle to find the first clue and there's no clue for the First task," said Hermione.

Regulus smirked, "Which I like. The unknown is the best challenge, don't you agree?"

"I...I um...I guess," murmured Hermione. "Is there anything for me to help you? Ron and Ginny really wants to help you as well."

Regulus snorted, "Yea sure, those two helping me. All I see is greed and jealousy in their aura."

"That's not true!" argued Hermione, slightly wanting to know about this aura. She frowned, "Is Malfoy and Aviur telling you false things about us? Please don't listen to them Regulus. They're the evil ones, not us!"

Regulus narrowed his eyes, "Just because someone is sorted into a house, doesn't tell you if that person is good or bad. Don't judge a book by its cover, ever heard of that saying."

"But all dark wizards have come from the house of Slytherin," stated Hermione.

"So you're saying that Merlin was a dark wizard," questioned Regulus. "He's the one that practically raised Lord Salazar Slytherin and Lady Rowena Ravenclaw. Get your facts straight, Granger."

Hermione gritted her teeth, "I'm in the top of my class year and I know the whole history about the four founders!"

"Oh, do you?" challenged Regulus, smirking. "Alright, let's make a deal. I'll ask you a question about the founders and if you get it right, I'll allow you to help me out for the First task."

Hermione smiled, "Deal, but there's no need to question me."

"We'll see about that," murmured Regulus, taking out a dark green and silver book from his shoulder bag. Hermione noticed it had the Hogwarts crest on the front, but on the side it has the four houses crest.

"What is that? Where did you get it?" asked Hermione.

"None of your business," snapped Regulus. He opened the book, "Let's see – ah! What caused Salazar Slytherin to hate the muggles?"