' Too Much To Ask '

("'" kinda random)

*Miles' POV*

I stumbled into the living room of Matt's house party. My heart was pounding loudly in my ears, the music still winning over my hearing. A small smile formed on my lips when I saw him. God, he was still so mesmerizing. The smile and the brightness from my face drained when a tall, skinny, fairly pretty brunette woman walked up to him, softly kissing his cheek.

God, I want to go back. But I can't. It just hit me.

These small sentences echoed in my head as I trudged into the kitchen, steadying myself on the sink. Slowly, I scanned all the bottles of alcohol, wondering if I should have more. A figure walked into the kitchen but I couldn't care less, I should just go home, It's getting painful at this point. Not waking up with my arms around him, his pale back pressed against my chest-

"Hey Miles! Funny seeing you in here" Alex stated, his hand connecting with my shoulder. Lyrics, he talks in lyrics.

"You're all tarted up and you don't look the same. Well, I haven't seen you since last year. Yeah, and surprisingly you have forgotten my name" My mouth always moved before my brain could think. His lyrics, weren't wrong. Spot on, if I may add.

"He's still got it!" He laughed, soon realizing I wasn't in the best mood. "What's wrong, Mi?" Does he have to make my heart ache? "You, darling. It's you. Always have been. You should try to read my mind sometime"

It slipped. Fuck, I finally said it. He was silent, looking at the drinks as I was doing prior. My eyes found his but he was looking everywhere at once. A few minutes passed, his hazel eyes jotting around the room, not focusing on anything in particular. "I-I didn't know Mi. If you lov-" "A-always have b-been," I stuttered out again "W-would a kiss be too much to ask?" Alex's head turned, looking me dead in the eye. His small hand grabbed my left forearm tightly, in preparation for the loss of eye contact and a sharp pull. He almost dragged me all the way out of the kitchen, up the stairs, and into one of Matt's guest rooms. 

Giggling. Why was he giggling?

"It isn't too much to ask"

Here, take this, I don't want it lol

word count: 382