𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪 𝓓𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 (𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷)

A scream, in the night.

Napoli had never been a quiet city. People went up and down its streets at any hour of the day and many pubs stayed open throughout most of the year; the nocturnal life was an integral part of it.
Napoli was never really asleep. It was almost like the city itself was alive, in some ways. You could sense it.
Sadly, another thing that Napoli had never been was safe. This trait was deeply related to its being alive, especially during the night: the blackness of the sky and the music from that disco down the street were the perfect coverage for crimes. You could hardly figure out if the stranger walking beside you was a common citizen, a skilled assassin who had just murdered his target, or someone from the high ranks of the mafia, if you weren't good at telling the three categories apart.
People were used to it. It had been like that for many, many years. Hearing some screams wasn't that big of a matter.
In this case, too, the scream went unnoticed.

Mista sat in the darkness of his room, breathing heavily, his mind still full of horrible scenes: blood, so much blood, tears, they were all- he didn't want to think about it, he didn't want to revive it.
It was one of the many nightmares that had decided to visit him after the fight with Diavolo. He had hoped that they would eventually fade away, but oh, he was so wrong. Maybe it was because it all had happened only a few months before. Maybe it was just the beginning of a life-long relationship.
Anyway, this had definitely been a heavy one.

He tried to reassure himself, holding on tightly to the sheets under him. He was usually good at staying calm and not overthinking things, but that kind of dreams really left him concerned.
"You're good, you're fine. You two are fine", he told himself.
It didn't work. That wasn't reality, he knew that, but that thought alone wasn't quite enough. He had to check, and only then he would feel relieved.
He jumped to his feet, nervously heading to the room next to his; when he got to the door, though, his hand already on the knob, he stopped for a second.
Was it worth waking him up? It sure as hell was still night time and he had a very light sleep, he even could have been woken up by the sound of the wooden door being opened. Plus, the job had had him very busy in the last weeks; that was probably the first night in a row in which he was able to go to sleep at a decent hour. He must had been very tired.
Yeah, that was stupid, he was stupid. After all, it was a dream... just a dream...
He let go of the piece of metal and nonchalantly glanced at the digital clock left on the cabinet, in the middle of the corridor.
His breath suddenly stopped.

Shit, shit, shit. 4:04 am. It had to be a bad omen. It was the straw that broke the camel's back: he went back and opened the door without grace, frantically looking for him. But instead of a familiar pile of blond hair spread across the pillow, and the rough outline of a skinny body under the bedsheets, he just saw a lonely bed with the duvet left on the side.
His heart sank low, panic beginning to flow into his veins. Oh god, where the fuck was he?
A premonitory dream? It could have been. If that was the case, he had to be fast. Not him, not him, I have only him left, his mind chanted. He was about to call his name out before going and taking his revolver with him, summoning Sex Pistols in the process, when he felt a light pressure on his shoulder. He turned out of instict to the source of the contact, ready to fight if necessary.

«Mista?»

Giorno stood in front of him with a sleepy face and a glass of water in his hand.
«Mista, is everything alright?» he asked in a soft voice, slightly worried.

Mista's shoulders dropped, and he could do nothing but stay there speechless. He didn't know if his heart was beating as fast as human possible or if it just had stopped.

«Mista, hey, did something bad happen?» tried Giorno again, shifting the hand to his companion's cheek.
That touch made him feel incredibly safe, for a second. He brought his own hand on Giorno's, closing his eyes as he let out deep breaths.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝓢𝓸𝓵𝓸 𝓾𝓷 𝓢𝓸𝓰𝓷𝓸 °•° 𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪 𝓓𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 || 𝓖𝓲𝓸𝓜𝓲𝓼 𝓞𝓢 🎉